Everyday things you are using wrong

dinosaur

troublemaker
I really don't care. If I don't use the bag properly on the dog crap pick up, or if I don't have the right change ready at the Quiky-Mart, if I don't have a good explanation for what happened to Mrs. Potter's pie that was cooling on her window sill, and me sitting there with a grin and crumbs on my lips, so what?

I'm an American. I do things because I feel like it, but I never try to hurt anybody. I go fishin' instead of workin' but I always do my share. I kill a deer and butcher it and always seem to end up with less than a whole deer in the freezer cause my neighbors are hungry. I go hunting and bring back a satchel full of rabbit and squirrel and by the time I get home I have a couple rabbits left because I had a conversation with the farmer down the road.

I have caught some huge bass and never got them home to brag about them because a neighbor hadn't eaten bass in years. I caught a catfish once that gave me one hell of a tussle only to fillet it out and hand it over to a neighbor whose wife was a real catfish fan.

I had a guy call me at a few minutes after midnight to ask me if I would fillet a catfish for him. He knew how to catch them because I showed him. The problem was, he didn't know how to clean them. I did it.

I think there is a genuine possibility I may not be using things the way they were intended to be used. Somehow, it seems to be okay.

ppine

Forester
I am with the radical Dino on this one. There is no wrong way to use everyday items. Some people are very fastidious and like to do things very deliberately like in the video. People like and Dino I don't care about small details.

As an example, I think a "spork" is a stupid invention. I will never have titanium cookware. If I forget to bring utensils on an outdoor trip I just make chopsticks out of some willow twigs. The small stuff is not important to me. I like to focus on the big picture, and could care less if someone thinks I use paper products "wrong."

Cappy

SHEEEEESH, lighten up you guys. whas wrong with learning a few new tricks every once and a while. It aint ment to be a slap at your egos its about how do do something easier.

Pathfinder1

I really don't care. If I don't use the bag properly on the dog crap pick up, or if I don't have the right change ready at the Quiky-Mart, if I don't have a good explanation for what happened to Mrs. Potter's pie that was cooling on her window sill, and me sitting there with a grin and crumbs on my lips, so what?

I'm an American. I do things because I feel like it, but I never try to hurt anybody. I go fishin' instead of workin' but I always do my share. I kill a deer and butcher it and always seem to end up with less than a whole deer in the freezer cause my neighbors are hungry. I go hunting and bring back a satchel full of rabbit and squirrel and by the time I get home I have a couple rabbits left because I had a conversation with the farmer down the road.

I have caught some huge bass and never got them home to brag about them because a neighbor hadn't eaten bass in years. I caught a catfish once that gave me one hell of a tussle only to fillet it out and hand it over to a neighbor whose wife was a real catfish fan.

I had a guy call me at a few minutes after midnight to ask me if I would fillet a catfish for him. He knew how to catch them because I showed him. The problem was, he didn't know how to clean them. I did it.

I think there is a genuine possibility I may not be using things the way they were intended to be used. Somehow, it seems to be okay.

Hi...

Good bio there, Dino...!!

Grandpa

Well, I can agree on the spork being a lousy invention. Too easy to poke a hole in my freezer bag dinner when backpacking. I'll take a foon anytime.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hikenhunter

Too bad some people take a little thing like this video, which was only meant to show them a couple things that most people don't know, and make a big deal out of it. That being said, I've done my share of taking and giving and I don't need to tell those who care about it on some forum.I do the things I do with in the bounds of the laws that govern them even if I don't agree with the laws.When I do give a couple of fish, or a few steaks, a handfull of tomatoes from the garden or whatever, I do it because I want to and because I can and I don't remember it so I can pat myself on the back on some forum but so I can feel good about myself and what God has provided for me. Doing what you want without trying to hurt any body,going fishing instead of working but always doing your share,killing and butchering a deer then giving some to your hungry neighbors and so on, have little to do with being an American and more to do with being a person of character. To be clear I think a spork is a stupid invention, I think that small details are important but not always, I like my titanium cookware and I believe that too much aluminum might cause alzheimers. I could be wrong but I don't think so.I also don't care if someone thinks I use paper products the wrong way. I do what I do because it works for me and I can. Most of all I feel sorry for people who become argumentive over trivial things just so they can argue about something, for these people, however wealthy they might be, however intelligent they may be,however healthy they might be, these people are lonely bitter souls who will never be at peace with their fellow man or themselves, and they will never know what it feels like to be truly happy. I know that I do not always use things the way they were intended to be used. Somehow it does seem to be okay. I too am an American.

Last edited:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well, my commentary was not written to make "a big deal" out of anything. The opposite is true. I don't believe there is a right or wrong way to peel a banana, there is just the way you use. I even thought the video was cute and mildly amusing. My subsequent intimation was directed at the use of the word "wrong". Words have meaning and some do not fully appreciate those meanings.

ppine

Forester
Hikenhunter has made a giant leap from what people think of the video to what kind of people are making the comments.

oldsarge

Hey...you folks are using the forum wrong! But if it works for you, then it can't be wrong....never mind....

jason

fear no beer
Too bad some people take a little thing like this video, which was only meant to show them a couple things that most people don't know, and make a big deal out of it. <clip> Most of all I feel sorry for people who become argumentive over trivial things just so they can argue about something, for these people, however wealthy they might be, however intelligent they may be,however healthy they might be, these people are lonely bitter souls who will never be at peace with their fellow man or themselves, and they will never know what it feels like to be truly happy. I know that I do not always use things the way they were intended to be used. Somehow it does seem to be okay. I too am an American.
It is sad. Some people are just never happy, or are not happy unless they are arguing. Others may just feel they could do no wrong and to tell them otherwise they get aggressive.

For the record those tabs never really seemed to work for me on the boxes.

Hikenhunter

It is sad. Some people are just never happy, or are not happy unless they are arguing. Others may just feel they could do no wrong and to tell them otherwise they get aggressive.

For the record those tabs never really seemed to work for me on the boxes.
For the record the last thing on my mind when I posted that video was to start an argument of any kind. Perhaps I may have taken the comments made about it too personal, I felt as though some of those comments were aggressive and out of place and I responded.