Funny Site while Driving

Little Kitty

Funny Sight while Driving

I had just finished up a Thanksgiving meal at my grandma's house, and was heading to a get together at my uncle's house. My husband was driving our Jeep, and I was enjoying the scenery from the passenger side. Then, I saw the funniest thing I have seen, in a while. Two guys were standing at the trunk of a small car. The one guy is lifting a dead deer from the trunk! Are some hunters so addicted to snagging a buck, that they will go hunting, and stuff the deer in their trunk? :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I would hate to clean that trunk out!

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

I usually don't trek very far,
when all around me hiding deer are.

Hi...

Most successful hunters like to show off their deer...usually by tieing it on the hood of their vehicle.

Three circumstances come to mind...the deer couldn't be adequately fastened to the vehicle's fender (small car); the vehicle owner didn't want to clean any "mess" off the vehicle; it was an unlawfully taken deer, and they had been hiding it.

Susie

I'm sure they would tell you that it's all a matter of priorities in life, and that they had their priorities straight---MEAT first. I know people like this!

Briana

I have seen people haul their catch on top of their vehicle, or in the bed of a truck. Never once, have I heard of anyone bring their buck home in the trunk. It would be a funny trick to pull on a friend. Ask them to help you bring in something from your trunk, then when you open it, I bet they sure would be startled! :)

EddieK47

Old Yankee
NEVER EVER,NEVER put a deer on the hood of any vehicle!!!The heat from the motor will kill the meat!If a trunk is all there is use it.Never a hood.That is stupid!

Grandpa

A small buck had been road killed in front of the plant where I worked. A couple of the jokers fetched it back to the parking lot and propped it up in the drivers seat of a supervisors car. It looked like the deer was sitting there driving. Made a great picture, then they skeedaddled and left it for the boss to find.

SpencerT

Probably picking up road kill!
This is what I was going to suggest. You don't really know if they killed it or if they found it as fresh road kill. That is pretty odd to put it in the trunk though. Clean up wouldn't be too enjoyable without some kind of protection in there.

bsmit212

I have seen this before.... my grandma did it. She was driving when a car infront of her hit the deer and didnt destore all the meat so they loaded it into the trunk of her old corola and she brought it to my dad's for him to clean.

"You might be a redneck if you idea of fast food is hitting a deer at 60 MPH" -Jeff Foxworthy.

Tailtwitch

Haha, as for the deer left in the supervisor's car, I sure hope they didn't pull that prank on a hot day. Something tells me there's not enough Febreeze in the world for something like that...

Grandpa

Haha, as for the deer left in the supervisor's car, I sure hope they didn't pull that prank on a hot day. Something tells me there's not enough Febreeze in the world for something like that...
Naw, actually, the night shift did it just before daybreak when the night shift super was just getting off. The super stank bad enough as it was.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Pathfinder1

Hi...

That "deer in the supervisor's car" was exceedingly funny...!!

Re: road kill...four of us in two canoes were paddling the Beaverkill River, after a hard rain, and at or higher than flood stage...(in fact people on the shore who spotted us were asking us if we were in trouble)...!! And, I was in the bow, of course (some things you do only once).

During our travel, some deer were spotted nearby, and just for the heck of it, someone in our party barked like a dog (what else would they bark like?) just to see what the deer would do.

One of the deer ran onto the nearby road, and was promptly hit by a semi pulling an empty car carrier. Following the semi was a large State truck, and following the truck was a State Police vehicle.

You never saw anything cleaned up so fast. The State truck loaded the deer in the back, the Trooper took down all the necessary information, and all three vehicles were on their way in a matter of minutes...!!

Shortening the story...we had no knowledge of a low dam being across the River further downstream. Well, at least our canoe was the one that didn't tip (we were second in line). We all got away fine, and with lots of experience under our belts.