Grilled oysters

Bumpkin

My husband loves oysters and I was thinking about grilling them. Has anyone tried this before? Do you have to do anything special to them or just pop them on the grill?

Cappy

We do oysters on the grill lots. They are wonderful. There are lots of different stuff ya can put on them and the web is full of great recipees. We often just put butter hotsauce and garlic powder, or wrap the oyster in a partially cooked but still limp slice of bacon, place it back on the half shell and put a spoon of ya favorite bbq sause on and cover with a mound of shreaded cheese. The cheese melts to form a lid that seals the oyster in with the bacon and sauce, if ya make a pan full of these place it on the table and jump back fast or ya likely to be stabbed by a fork. :-D

ppine

Forester
My Dad and uncle used to have boats on Puget Sound, WA. In the summer we would go up to the San Jaun Islands and put out a crab pot for Dungeness crabs, find the salmon fleet and catch a few small salmon, and sometimes dig razor clams or oysters. Then we would find an out of the way island to go ashore and build a fire and cook the whole works Indian style. Alder was good for the filleted fish. That was living.

campclose

Oysters? Yuk! They look too much like eyeballs to me. I love seafood but oysters, mussels and crab are 3 things I don't like. I don't think I would like them even if they were grilled.

Judy Ann

Grilled oysters are near and dear to my heart. Throw them on a hot grill, drop the lid and wait for them to open. You'll need an oyster knife and a wad of paper towels to pry the top shell off without burning your hand and to cut the connective muscle. There is probably a video that you could download to see how to cook and eat them.

I need some steamed oysters...only eat them in months with an R. Boy am I hungry for oysters cooked anyway now!!!

wvbreamfisherman

Grilled oysters sounds great. My wife hates them, so I guess I'll have to convince her to go visit her sister in Florida so I can have a vacation LOL.

Judy Ann

We do oysters on the grill lots. They are wonderful. There are lots of different stuff ya can put on them and the web is full of great recipees. We often just put butter hotsauce and garlic powder, or wrap the oyster in a partially cooked but still limp slice of bacon, place it back on the half shell and put a spoon of ya favorite bbq sause on and cover with a mound of shreaded cheese. The cheese melts to form a lid that seals the oyster in with the bacon and sauce, if ya make a pan full of these place it on the table and jump back fast or ya likely to be stabbed by a fork. :-D
Cappy I'll be fixing this recipe next month in Florida. I can't imagine how it will taste, but if bacon is involved and a few of the folks are from your state, I'll give it a try. I'm also making some BBQ cause I KNOW that it is good! ;-)