Invasive species spotted in Germany!

wvbreamfisherman

I knew they were fairly common in Scandanavia and Finland, just didn't realize they were in Poland. Imagine hitting one of those things at Autobahn speed in one of those European roller skates...

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Hi...

Good to see them spreading out.

Even though they are called 'elk' in the blog...they are actually moose. Many, if not most European/Asian Countries refer to them elk.

Hunting opportunities should be good.
good luck getting a gun in the uk.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I have myriad articles in my scrapbook about moose in AK being hit by almost any type of vehicle you could imagine...that includes ATVs, school buses, tour buses, snow machines, airplanes, cars and trucks and motorcycles...and probably boats (did I leave anything out?).

And, as Bream said, not only do you not want to collide with one in a car, but tremendous damage can be done to almost any vehicle (and its occupants) that hits one.

wvbreamfisherman

At the I-95 rest area /welcome center coming into Maine, there is (or was a few years back, anyhow) a big board of pictures of vehicle vs. moose encounters. Needless to say, vehicles come off much worse. Even tractor-trailer rigs look like a bomb went off in front of them.