Lake Hope

sailorman

I am going to be taking a trip to Lake Hope, which is in South East Ohio. The last time I was there and we went swimming it was terrible. Mostly because the fish there are a bit over friendly and these little fish bug the crap out of you while swimming. Have you ever been to a lake like that?

msdoolittle

I've done a beautiful early morning kayak there once. I don't remember it being very developed, much less having a beach area. That said, it's probably changed a bit since 2005 when I was there.

Hyde

There has been a beach area there for sometime. Perhaps you missed it. There is a beach right next to a dock on the far south west side of the lake. It is a TINY beach though and almost looks like part of the dock. So I can see how you missed it. Wonderful pictures by the way!

outwest

My thinking is that the fish being over friendly are just trying to be nice and welcome you to their home. I had an issue at a man make lake in WV one year but they got a little nasty, so its off the to visit again list.

CatsEye

Sometimes the fish can be bothersome, but they don't hurt anything, so they are fine. All you have to do is to shake them off and they'll go away. If they don't, then they are food.

lefties

yup,,experienced them in a few places. No biggie if they arent snakeheads,,piranahs or sharks.