Leaves turning

JeepThrills

The leaves are turning here, but it doesn't seem like we are getting a good fall display. I think the drought may have stressed the trees. Is anyone getting a good leaf showing where you are?

ghostrider

We're not, unfortunately. Fall is one of my favorite times of year because I love the foliage but this year it's pretty crappy. I think it might be from the spring and summer being so dry, too. Now we're getting drizzle and rain almost every day. Strange weather this year.

Hikenhunter

With all the rain we have gotten lately we seem to have alot of green and brown but not much in between. Alot of trees went brown early this year but maybe the green we have left will color up.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
My Bradford pear normally is a brilliant pretty red. It went from green to slightly red to brown in a week. We had plenty of rain this year... More than average, my yard looks beautiful.

wvbreamfisherman

It's kind of spotty so far here in my part of WV. Some sugar maples look like flames, and others are just sort of rust colored, even when they are only a few dozen feet apart.

The hickories are mostly pretty good, the gum trees are just beginning to turn, and the oaks are spotty as well so far.

Still lots of green around, so that may all change.

RingTwist

I live too far south to see much in the way of foliage changes. I rather miss it, and I'm sorry to hear it's not that good this year. The changing leaves are one of the best parts of fall.

campclose

Yes, we had pure beauty for about a week! The hills were all different colors - red, orange, yellow and green. I love fall! Right now it's mostly bare! The leaves have already fallen to the ground.

Mudslide

Here in parts of N.Ga its ok. Some wildly colored while others still green, while still some dead already. Im going around Murphy NC this weekend and hoping its peaking out up there!

Gondor

Nothing yet, but I'm hoping soon because I'm planning a few hikes. This is my favorite time of the year for going outside and the colors just make it that more beautiful.