Magazine on hunting?

campclose

I need a gift for my nephew for Christmas. His mom told me he is really into hunting now. I don't hunt so I am clueless. I thought about some deer and turkey calls and thought a cool subscription to a hunting magazine would be fun. He is 14 years old. Any tips?

Grandpa

Possibly a membership in North American Hunting Club. I bought a years subscription to get a bunch of freebies. The magazine is good and the club has a lot of contests and stuff. At his age, a lifetime membership would be a good deal. At least it would be a gift that lasted the year.

wvbreamfisherman

CozInCowtown

NRA membership, comes with a magazine!
I think Safari Club Intl. has the best magazine with "Bugle" magazine from RMEF a close second.
NRA gets my first choice IMO.
DC

Fox38

Wow, I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I was thinking of getting a magazine for my son. Now I have a list to choose from! Awesome. I did not know there was so many hunting mags out there.

Bojib

I've picked up a copy of Field and Stream a time or two, it's ok. It covers many outdoor activities to stay relevant to different times of the year.

wvbreamfisherman

Is Sports Afield still around? That one used to be my favorite , but they got acquired or something and my subscription changed to Peterson's Hunting, then that one disappeared with a few months to go. I used to subscribe to the big 3- Field and Stream, Outdoor Life, and Sports Afield.

I still get Field and Stream thru my brother, who seems to have gotten a lifetime subscription somehow. It still comes to my mom's house and she gives it to me since he's not all that interested.