my goodness!

calanta

So my sister and her husband recently got a little popup for them & the kids, brought it up for Thanksgiving. Come to find out they had all types of fun being new rv owners. They got 3 hours into their trip and realized their van could not pull it, pulled over and then found out they barely hitched it right. After they got here they realized they have no water line for the thing too!

CampingFamily

Hmmmm, I guess they are first timers! Some things you just want to make sure about and the first I would think is that what ever vehical you have will be able to pull what you get. Then you go down the check list. Hope they get everything worked out and are back on the road again.

Gabbie

Oh my goodness is right! Doesn't sound like they did much 'homework' when they thought about buying a camper. Really sure do some looking around and asking questions and try to know what you can before you buy something. Hope they get everything sorta out and back on the road again soon.

Hazel

When you're a newbie, no checklist is gonna help you. You have to learn from experience. It's the only way the lesson sticks. An old adage I used to hear when I was being whupped as a child was "Children that don't hear have got to feel". Just saying.

Lorax

Their learning curve will be a little bigger than most, but it's all about trial and error. With some time and practice, they will get a system down.

CatsEye

They'll be fine...eventually. You learn quicker by doing than you do by reading. It's a shame they don't require people to have classes before they start attaching things to their vehicles and flying down the road with them. But then, if your brand new RV manages to catch up with the front of the vehicle, you'll never forget how to attach it again.

Tailtwitch

Yeah, unfortunately some things are best learned the hard way. Here's hoping they're fast learners, though!

You know what they say, you start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the one before the other is empty.

Mountain Man

We've all been there at one time or another. The funniest thing is that when you do something like this you don't even know how little you know until something hits you over the head.

Michelle

Wow, they're lucky they didn't lose it on the way! You might want to remind them they have to drain the sewage tank themselves. That's another thing they forget to tell you.