New Year's plans?

Greatoutdoors

Does anyone have any exciting New Year's plans? My hubby will be working so I'll be ringing in the New Year with my two little ones...if we manage to stay up that long that is.

Cappy

Our plans so far are for the traditional Cajun foods of blk eye peas, cabbage, and corn bread. Weather permitting we plan to light the fire pit drag out a bbq pit and spend the day in the yard. We have a rather large mortar with 12 shells of fireworks we been saving for midnight. That's if we can stay awake too.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

wvbreamfisherman

The usual wild bacchanal New Year's Eve,,,, might even make it to see the ball drop. Then at 2 pm New Year's Day, the First Day Hike at Kanawha State Forest. It will be the third year for it.

carmen

We will have a smaller dinner party and after that whomever wishes to stay overnight and partake in a little drink during the countdown is more than welcome. Most of the time it is just us and another couple who live pretty far out.

ppine

Forester
Sushi and champagne in bed. We watch the ball drop on the East Coast three hours early and go to bed. It is amateur night.

Then the Christmas Bird Count with friends.

jason

fear no beer
Spent the day fixing a hot water heater, a clogged a/c drain pipe and then came home to some work in the garden before getting to sleep early for the first night in a long time.

Cappy

NO Thanks, I think I'll stay here. Chicken on da pit, black eye peas on da stove cabbage and corn bread going, beer in da fridge and the LSU game on. Great start to a new year. Now if the sun would only shine.

dinosaur

troublemaker
It is amateur night.
ABSO.freaking..LUTELY. Amateurs go out on New Year's Eve, Fourth Of July, St. Patrick's Day and any other holiday that folks drink. Us professionals never venture out on amateur night. It's a bad idea. The cops are everywhere.