Pechay soup

uday

I just cooked pechay soup for dinner. It was a good timing to cook this dish because someone in the family requested for it. I used fan-shaped pechay leaves instead of long ones. Here's the recipe I'd like to share:

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small onion, sliced
2 small tomatoes sliced
a bunch of medium size fan-shaped pechay leaves, sliced into half
1/4 cup ground pork
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups of water
1/4 cup of misua
salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes until they change in color. Add ground pork and cook until it turns brown. Add pechay leaves and cook until the leaves and stalks are wilted. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute before adding water. Include misua and stir while the soup boils. Simmer for 3 minutes. Serve hot or with plain rice.

* You may include your favorite seasoning to add flavor to the soup.

uday

I just asked my mom about the type of this fan-shaped pechay that I've cooked for dinner last night. It is called native pechay and yes, bok choy for other name.

rayne

Thanks for the recipe. I have cooked bok choy, or pechay before and treated it like cabbage. Something about it puts and edge on my teeth though. I 'll try the soup. Maybe that will be better.

carmen

I made a similar one not that long ago but the husband decided it needed more Worcestershire sauce. I tried a bite when he went back for seconds and I swear the mans taste-buds are broke, it was swimming in the sauce!