Punxatawny Phil

Hikenhunter

:tinysmile_hmm_t2:He did it again. Punxatawny Phil emerged from his lair on Gobblers Knob this morning and saw his shadow thus his prediction is that we will endure 6 more weeks of the brutal winter we have been having.:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Grandpa

We sure wish y'll would stop hogging all that moisture.:tinysmile_twink_t2: I'm out here in central California and these folks are getting mighty thirsty. We are a little better off in eastern Idaho but not by much.

Newanderthal

The groundhog his been correct in his guess 39% of the time since 1887, meaning that if you disagree with him you are more likely to be correct than the groundhog is (61%).

Just sayin.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Not up for all this groundhog witchcraft... I
Prefer to watch the Weather Channel. Stephanie Abrams sure is a lot prettier. If I want predictions of awful weather, I'll wait and see where Jim Cantore sets up.

Hikenhunter

The groundhog his been correct in his guess 39% of the time since 1887, meaning that if you disagree with him you are more likely to be correct than the groundhog is (61%).

Just sayin.
:tinysmile_hmm_t:Yes but Phil does his predictions using an ancient method relying on the position of the sun on Feb 2nd each year and still is right 39% of the time, while our wheather people put in years of schooling, spent more years as go fers, have many scientific devices at their beck and call and are only right 50% of the time.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Hikenhunter

We sure wish y'll would stop hogging all that moisture.:tinysmile_twink_t2: I'm out here in central California and these folks are getting mighty thirsty. We are a little better off in eastern Idaho but not by much.
I'm pretty sure that most people around here would love to send some of this moisture we have been getting out your way. Now if NASA could just figure out a way for us to share with you.

bsmit212

Yeah and good old General Beauregard Lee did not see his shadow this morning meaning early spring. I am hoping Gen. Beauregard is right, haha.

charley

6 weeks and 3 days after groundhog day is the spring solstice which can be sunny and warm or still snowy around here.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I don't much care. I took a look around on the 2nd and didn't see any groundhogs sticking their heads out. I was ready with a 10-22, scoped and hot for action. Groundhog is delectable fare. They barbeque up into a wonderful taste treat. Yum, Yum.