Stepped over a guard rail...

Gus

Tent Camper
I can actually sympathize with this one.

A lot of places don't have guard rails. I don't really appreciate being told where I can and can't go, even if it's for my own good. I'd like to think I have enough common sense not to get too close to the edge.

And guard rails and fences do sort of ruin the picture.
Amen, finally a rational thought. Ya'll be good little kiddies now and do what the smart man tol ya.

Nope, I'll think for myself. I don't need a sign or rule to tell me not to put my hand in a fire, or guard rails to tell me where it's safe to stand.

And if it works out badly for me, well, it's on me isn't it.

Gus

DThewanderer

I am glad she is safe. What comes to my mind is that I hope young people did not see that. Children lead by example, and that is the kind of example that teaches a young person something very dangerous.

oldmangunner

There are a lot of outdoor injuries that could be prevented if people obeyed the rules. A woman here fell off a cliff because she climbed the guard rail so she could pray at the very edge of the cliff, which of course, she fell off of.

ppine

Forester
Two books come to mind. "Death in the Grand Canyon" and "Death in Yellowstone" are fascinating reading. We can all learn by the mistakes of others.

I would urge anyone that is "offended" by a guard rail to relax a little.

Miley

Why did the woman feel the need, to pray at the edge of a cliff? I am pretty sure, whoever she was praying to, could hear her just as well in a safer position! Most people are dumb, when it comes to being outdoors. That's cool, though. If there is ever a zombie apocalypse, I can get a better head start at running, while the dumb people stand around, take pictures, and comment on how to get a better picture! :)

Grandpa

Why put up the guardrails in the first place? The worlds number one problem right now is overpopulation. Take out the guard rails and we start diminishing the weakest gene pool right off the bat. Maybe by thinning out the weaker gene pool we can get more intelligent voting done. Then we can go back to buying worms from the 12 year old entrepreneur down the street instead of the congressmans brother in law. Furthermore, we would need to hire more S&R people at all the overlooks, thereby diminishing the unemployment rate. WIN WIN