This just ain't right

Grandpa

It's the middle of January. We are supposed to be out snow machining on 5 feet of snow, or skiing, or camping in a snow cave. Instead, Grandma is getting ready to BBQ a rack of ribs, and a dutch oven full of taters, OUTSIDE. It's just not right.

oldsarge

It's the middle of January. We are supposed to be out snow machining on 5 feet of snow, or skiing, or camping in a snow cave. Instead, Grandma is getting ready to BBQ a rack of ribs, and a dutch oven full of taters, OUTSIDE. It's just not right.
Sounds just fine to me!!!!

FreeWilly

Well don't forget it's 2012 and supposedly the earth is going to end this year with all that global warming stuff. :tinysmile_twink_t2: You have climate change to think for your lack of snow. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

craig

I feel the same way. Winter is not winter without snow and this still doesn't feel right. We have low temperatures and howling winds but snow is still passing us by.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Speak for yourselves. We got a foot of snow in the last two days and it is currently 7 degrees here.

ppine

Forester
The pattern is about to change in Nevada at the end of next week. Climate change has nothing to do with it. There is a lot of variability in the climatic record, and huge swings in the dendochronological (tree rings) and glacial varves records. Geologic time shows ice ages and warm periods like around 1100 when grapes were grown in England.

Roy

Well tonight is going to be below zero for me so I definitely feel the winter. You can feel free to throw some of those ribs my way though!

Cappy

Well for us South Louisiana Cajuns that 'IS' right Grandpa. Last night we were sitting around a camp fire in da yard, roasting weenies, playing , singing, and passing around a couple jugs of homemade wine. The weenie roasting turned into a contest and we started bacon wrapping with green onion tops and salad greens picked from da garden. Instead of complaining about the noise the neighbor walked over grabbed a couple beers and a weenie stick and joined the fun. We partied till 10 pm or so and had a wonderful back yard camping time. When I walked in to check email before bed time the computer said it was still 70 degrees.

Cappy

update, We had a cold front come roaring through last night rain wind and now at noon its only 60 degrees, brrrrrrr.

Grandpa

Okay, finally getting winter here. Been snowing for 3 hours and we are at 1/2 inch. But it is snowing horizontally so this snow should belong to Boise and ours is somewhere in Wyoming.

ChadTower

Instead of complaining about the noise the neighbor walked over grabbed a couple beers and a weenie stick and joined the fun.

That's why people complain in some places, really. Here, if the neighbor was having a party, I would not be invited. I would not be welcome if I tried to join. When I first bought my house I could not get the neighbor to talk to me for ten years. And even then it was only because he was 90 and needed help with his garbage.

Pathfinder1

THere, if the neighbor was having a party, I would not be invited. I would not be welcome if I tried to join. When I first bought my house I could not get the neighbor to talk to me for ten years. And even then it was only because he was 90 and needed help with his garbage.

Hi...

Judd Strunk used to tell the tale of someone who came to town at age three, and stayed until he died at age eighty-six. "He was almost one of us"...!!

Last edited:

dinosaur

troublemaker
We got another seven inches last night but our total snow fall this season is still only about two feet and we're expecting a meltoff tomorrow and Monday where the low temp is going to be in the high thirties. Predicted high on Monday is 44. Maybe I'll barbeque some steaks.

Bella Rae

Here in Alabama it has been rainy, thunderstorms, chilly at times but no snow. I prefer the warm weather, but I could do without all this rain. I would love to visit a place that recieved a bunch of snow, but I would hate to live there.