What new toys do you have?

Michael

Me, it's snow shoes. My mum gave me my first pair. And we're having a blizzard right now, so I should get to play with them.

So, what new toys are you eager to play with?

Grandpa

The fat man in the red pajamas brought me a new Mountain Hardware Phantom 15 sleeping bag. Me tired ole bones may finally sleep warm again. Snowing here too.

Michael

The fat man in the red pajamas brought me a new Mountain Hardware Phantom 15 sleeping bag. Me tired ole bones may finally sleep warm again. Snowing here too.
That's goose down, yes? I took a quick scan of reviews, and it looks like it reviewed very well. Some folks say it's good to the single digits, while others insist it should be rated 20F.

Still, it looks really light for the cold temp.

Grandpa

Michael, the real comfort rating is probably around 22, but with a clothes layer to 15 and a liner to single digits. I had narrowed my choices to Marmots helium 15, the phantom, and the western mountaineering 15. Was waiting for the first good sale to come along. A local store carrying Mt Hardware happened to have a 30% off coupon so......

Gondor

I don't even know where to start. :) I have a new backpack that I'm dying to try on the trail. It's snowing heavily at the moment so no hiking for me but I hope in a few days or weeks I'll be "playing" successfully. :)

Frederico

I have a brand new pair of snowshoes for my New Year hike - they were a present from a friend. I bought myself a Christmas present of a new sleeping bag to replace my 8 year old, well-worn bag.