Who exercises?

outwest

Do you take kindly to comments like "Why do you not exercise more"? I just got that from an acquaintance of mine and seeing as this person does not exercise at all I am wondering why they are even trying to call me out. Are some people just jerks?

limbs

I would just ignore them. I don't exercise outside of hiking because I consider it my exercise. People love to give advice, but not everyone likes to follow their own advice.

Grandpa

Outwest, your acquaintance does excercise. Sounds like they are "jumping" to conclusions, "running" off at the mouth, etc etc. (I know, we've all heard it but I thought it really fit in this case)

hiking_and_biking

Do you take kindly to comments like "Why do you not exercise more"? I just got that from an acquaintance of mine and seeing as this person does not exercise at all I am wondering why they are even trying to call me out. Are some people just jerks?
No, I don't take kindly to comments like that, especially if I don't know the person well.

Since they don't exercise at all, I would have had to call them out on it. "Never mind why I don't exercise more often, why don't you exercise at all?"

Malarkey

I do exercise regularly and people ask me for advice all the time so I don't have those problems. On the other hand I have people asking me why am I so committed, which annoys me a lot.

Survivo

I exercise now and then and I don't have a schedule to keep, which is fine by me. I workout by gut feeling. Although as limbs said, hiking, backpacking, and camping is my exercise.

Lorax

After a quick throat chop applied the very second after the comment, stand over him holding his neck gasping for air and calmly reply, "I don't need to exercise, I know Kung Fu".

Continue walking, he'll catch up later.

ppine

Forester
We could all stand to exercise more. Try not to be so sensitive. I find the winter to be the most challenging, and will probably start in the gym just a day or two a week until spring, and then go back to walking a lot and yard work.

Pathfinder1

I live to eat, and I eat well...!! Unfortunately, I've been getting quite fluffy.

I do hear that on occasion, but from people who know me, and actually have my well being at heart.

Unfortunately (again), until I find some medical solution to my back problems, I cannot exercise.

If a stranger said that to me, I would presume that said person was just a know-it-all, and was thinking he knew a lot about everything...which is often the case.

In that case, I would just fall on him.

lefties

Hello Pathfinder1,
everyday if u walk out back of my village at 5-6 a.m. you will see many people young and old walking,,jogging,,riding bikes or various exercises. Its just a part of life here. 5-6 a.m. bcoz its the coolest part of the day.

IndianaHiker

Comments like that don't brother me and I would just respond "Because I don't want to". That being I feel very lucky. I don't workout as I don't enjoy it at all. However at 44 years of age I can still not work out, pick up my pack and go 10 to 14 miles a day for multiple days and not be hurting in the morning. I know however that these days are numbered and if I want to continue to be able to do that sooner or later I am going to have to start working out some. Not looking forward to that day.

oldsarge

Use to work out all the time. Got sidelined with a back injury two years ago. Now that I'm better, I can't seem to get back into the routine again. God knows I got enough equipment at the house, just can't get myself to start using it on a daily basis. Not looking at going balls to the wall crazy, just need to do something to stay active again. I don't even get out hiking like I used to. At 55 I guess it's had to get motivated.