Visitor fees

Jimbo

What are your thoughts on visitor fees? I think we paid over $30 for my nephew to come and stay with us for an extended weekend a while back. It seemed kind of steep to me.

woodsman

Of course I hate them, who likes paying for something that they feel they shouldn't have to. I think taxes are too step also, but hey the other options is going permanently camping.
Where was it by the way? The maximum I ever payed was 15 bucks.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Several things you cannot escape are death and taxes. No one likes it and politicians will, undoubtedly, take the money to do some new evil you don't even know exists. Count on it.

hikingprincess

$30 does seem a little steep to me as well. I have never had to pay visitor fees but I have seen them on the brochures for most of the places we have stayed. I think if you already paid for the campsite, then you shouldn't have to pay for 1 or 2 people to stay on it with you.

Greenjack

Several things you cannot escape are death and taxes.
That's true. I am not afraid of death, and I hate taxes. I think $30 is a bit too much. What extra cost do they actually need to spend when someone comes and stays with you for a few days?

Fox38

We have to pay the fees if we got visit people when we are not camping. It's usually $3 for the day. I do agree that it could get pretty steep.

Lizardqing

That's the good thing about setting up on no frills sites around here, no fees. $30 seems to be a good bit, wouldn't even cost that in a hotel for an extra person.

jason

fear no beer
While I hate having to pay extra fees, sometimes I would rather pay some then see the land turned into more houses like they do here.

Was the $30 for the whole weekend, a day, or is just $30 for the campsite for as long as you want it?