Smoking

jason

fear no beer
Do you ever do any smoking? During the summer I can often be found at my brothers house borrowing his smoker to make some ribs or some pork.

fbird

try to year round(tough to do in michigan). ribs. pork, roasts or pulled. beef brisket is great smoked. i've smoked chicken, put a couple slices of bacon on it to help keep it from drying out. fish.

Last edited:

sarahlorrain

We have a bbq pit with a smoker on the side. We love to smoke a great brisket in the summertime. My briskets are better than my husband's but don't tell him I said that! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

HereToday

Sniff!

When we've been out at the campgrounds, the smell of folks smoking their meals has become a common trait to the great outdoors. Don't know if it would be the same without that!

doormaverick

I don't know what it is but I don't enjoy the hickory smoke in my food. I love BBQ but when you add certain wood to the fire, it changes the flavor of the meat. That goes for Deli meats at the grocery store also. I love plain old fashion charcoal, salt and pepper. Good BBQ is good meat

newname19

I like smoker because it makes my meat taste better and I love meat not so much veggies.
I like the value of it also you can't get that from restaurants (only some)

tour

I like smoker because smoked meat is better than roasted or grilled meat. I love the taste of smoked meat. Smoked meat is a good especially smoked chicken. Water is rolling through my cheeks !!

fbird

if you are cooking your meat long and slow you are smoking it. smoking food is usually cooked at temperatures at 200-250 deg. cooking fast at a higher temperature is grilling.

mom2manyboyz

I use my smoker a lot to make chicken. It's much better than baked or roasted chicken. My slow cooker or crockpot cooks most things at 150-180. I never considered that smoking.

tpk

i use my smoker to make chicken and beef...but i hate smoking as it kills the essential nutrients in diet

riskey58

When we camped friends would get together and we would smoke a turkey. It is really good. We smoked other things to. It gives your food such good flovor.

tater03

We have never smoked any of our food. I have had smoked meats and really do like it just have never done it myself.

atula

I just love smoked dishes be it anything...the smell and taste is so different and doesn't it feel like we are eating something by going back to the basics...I mean the caveman feeling....

kernow

I just love smoked dishes be it anything...the smell and taste is so different and doesn't it feel like we are eating something by going back to the basics...I mean the caveman feeling....
I have never smoked anything, I have tried smoked meat but I don't like the taste and I really object to the smell.