Are you really camping?

evergreen

It always seemed to me that camping was about being one with nature and sleeping under the stars, but with rv's or trailers you just moved your house closer to nature that's all and it kind of makes me think that people are missing out on the howl idea of camping, am I alone in this?

Noah

I like the convenience of having a trailer, but I love being in a tent. I agree I feel much closer to nature and it feels more like camping when I am in my tent.

Gracy

If you consider it camping..... its camping for you. I hate when people judge other peoples camping style. If it works for you and makes you happy and comfortable.... call if anything you want ;)

evergreen

It's not judging, but camping for me is all about getting away from it all and being close to nature, than I see people who arrive in trailer sit around it all day and never really move more than 100 feet away from it, I honestly don't see the point.

crosscountry

Some people need the comforts of home in nature to enjoy it. I personally don't but I think if that's your style you go for it.

Gracy

Evergreen... the key word you said was "but camping for me is all about"..... thats exactly the point... camping for you is one way, who says its the "right way".... its the right way for you ;) .... and that is all that matters.

Captain

I think it's camping even with campers, RV's or pop-ups. You don't have to sleep under the stars to be camping. Just being outside sitting by a campfire and not bieng home is camping.

evergreen

Fair enough Gracy, I guess everybody has a way that works for him, plus I can't really talk because I have been in a cabin more than once myself and technically that's the comfort of civilization also.

Gracy

Fair enough Gracy, I guess everybody has a way that works for him, plus I can't really talk because I have been in a cabin more than once myself and technically that's the comfort of civilization also.
It's all good ;)

dinosaur

troublemaker
All good comments. I figure if you don't like camping with a trailer or some giant house on wheels, more power to you. You have the ability to camp in places an RV won't go.

SmackontheWeb

Just my opinion, but...

"Camping" in an RV is akin to putting a band-aid on a cut and saying you are performing surgery.

Bobby

For a lot of us, being at home means I can't relax. Being away from home (even in an RV) means that I don't have to mow or pay bills or answer the phone.

FireBuilder

We bring our tents along with our pop-up. Everyone gets to choose where they want to sleep, plus it's a backup in case of rain.

Erwin

I love camping any way it comes! We camp with the in-laws in a trailer, my parents have a motor home, and the wife and I go on tent camping trips. Camping to us is family, a campfire and good times are had by all!

Chary

To be honest, I enjoy both camping in a tent and camping in an RV. It kind of depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like roughing it and sometimes I like the idea of having my comforts with me. It also depends on the time of year. You can't camp in the wintertime in a tent when it's very cold, but you can in an RV.

TonyC

Love to Camp in TT
I love camping any way it comes! We camp with the in-laws in a trailer, my parents have a motor home, and the wife and I go on tent camping trips. Camping to us is family, a campfire and good times are had by all!
I am with Erwin it is all about good times outdoors with Family and friends!!

TonyC

Love to Camp in TT
Actually for us the trailer is more of a base camp that we can come back to after being OUTDOORS all day. it is nice to have a soft and warm bed.

NorthCountry29RLS

I seen those people who back in, plug in, hook up the satellite & are never seen again! I'm not one of the trailer people! I sit outside, kayak, hike, build a fire & get as close to nature (and in some cases, too close!) as I can! Takes all kinds! Just enjoy the beauty of our great country & share it with your family & friends!