The one thing you couldn't go without?

henry

My medicines and necessary food items. I just love food and i want to eat all day. I am not fat and i am food lover.

anand

Water bottle(s): These will be important, in particular for when hiking, or if your firepit is a considerable distance from your water source. Keep them with you while sleeping so that there is less chance of needing to leave the tent during the night. Particularly in the summertime, being well-hydrated is extremely important while spending so much time outdoors.

slide

My digital camera to capture the moments, then my medication, and a flashlight.

justontime

I wouldn't go without my husband, it wouldn't be as much fun without him, I wouldn't to go on my own.

mom2manyboyz

Coffee, I can't live without it anywhere.
A pillow, probably could live without it, but would make the trip much nicer
Food, of course
Matches for a fire
Can opener, always seem to need one
Something to hold water in case there isn't running water
Some pans to cook in
A cooler to keep the food cold
A rope
Life jackets

atula

mosquitoe repellant, needle and thread, first aid box, a book on the personal front...

tater03

I would agree with the coffee. I had not thought about mosquito repellant but that would be a must have. I so hate getting bit up while camping.

ACCER

I'll have to say my camera. I love to document my trips. I figure I can look back on them when I am old and unable to get to the spots I now visit.

justontime

I'll have to say my camera. I love to document my trips. I figure I can look back on them when I am old and unable to get to the spots I now visit.
I agree Accer, I love taking photos and it gives me so much pleasure to look back on them later and remember the trip.

kernow

I love taking photos too and when I get home I love editing the pictures and remembering all the sights and experiences of the trip.

Barney

That one thing for me is 5 things :)

1) Matches or a lighter (windproof and waterproof if possible)
2) Flashlight (dynamo powered or some strong and lasting one with batteries like MagLite)
3) My multifunctional SwissArmy knife (can't live without it :D)
4) Sleeping bag (very durable one)
5) Water (as much as I can carry)