Snacks

jason

fear no beer
What do you bring for snacks when you go hiking?

Me personally, I love home made beef jerky. Nothing better when your out for the day.

SQuirrel

So Costco has this rosemary and olive oil loaf that is wonderful. Grab a green apple, some gorgonzola cheese dried cranberries, and some kind of nut. Pecan Walnut, or even Pine nuts work really well. Combine them all and oh my, it's almost an inappropriate amount of pleasure.

NatureLover916

That does sound pretty good! I might have to check that out.

I generally bring some sort of granola bar and an apple. I also pack a lunch along since most hikes I take are full day hikes, so I normally pack a simple sandwich or salami and crackers. On special occasions when we're hiking to the top of some point that has a great view we may bring along a nice bottle of wine to enjoy. It’s our little way to celebrate our accomplishment.

My buddy Lou on top of Mount Tamalpais

fbird

usually a granola bar and beef jerky. on a longer hike a sandwich and a apple. on a cold day a thermos with soup.

camperz

I love carrying sandwich while hiking.
I also take a apple, along with some hard drinks.
Also pack something for lunch.

bluet

I like to bring some snack bar and fruit juices, because you gonna need a lot of vitamins

agnes21

I like beef jerky and sandwich, because I'm always hungry. For the drinks, I dont know, sometimes I have a fruit juices, or maybe just mineral water

doormaverick

I buy the terriyaki beef jerky. I also bring crackers, some of the Swanson chicken in a can, sharp cheddar cheese, and green green olives. It is out of this world. I also bring some cheddar pretzel combos and frozen cherry coke which melts by the time I drink it.

newname19

I like fruit roll ups as snack or some chocolate.
Can't live without chocolate
And also the best is gum (good one that last long time with good flavors)

campman

I love to take some chips and some fruits with me. Nothing is better than fruits. I love to take some sandwich bread also.

boxoff

I enjoy making Chicken sandwiches with olives, mayo. I bring my favorite chips hot Cheetos. I also like to bring a bottle of red sweet wine. Nothing beats sitting outside eating a nice lunch with your family and friends and enjoying the beautiful things in life.

wild

I take my favorite chips Lays everywhere I go. "No one can eat just one" what a catchy quote. I also take some cookies with me.

Reeses

I love combo cheddar pretzels . I usually take loaded turkey sandwiches and soda. Gummy worms and hard candy is always good. Can't forget the pistachios and sunflower seeds. Rarely do I take beer but it's known to happen once or twice

paaro

I like to carry dr fruits and some fruits which provieds protien and nutritions, and shold be light in weight.

pavan

Dried grains and beans, flours, sugars, powdered drinks, dried fruits, nuts, jerkys, oils and fats, and things like peanut butter and nutella these are very much suitable while u plan for trekking.

sunny

I pack a lot of fruits for hiking and trekking. With it i also pack beef jerky its yummy but has lot of fat.

henry

I like all home made food. Nothing better than home made foods. For trekking, i carry a lot of biscuits and chocolates as snacks. I love chocolate but it melts :(

slide

I like some fruits and biscuits. I love to eat snacks. For the drinks, i buy some tin beers.

deltic

I take lots of fruit, multi grain bars and and usually sandwiches - and water of course. By the way, what is beef jerky?

kernow

I take lots of fruit, multi grain bars and and usually sandwiches - and water of course.
I take much the same sort of things, but I always take more than I think I will need just in case, and I make sure that I have plenty of water.