When Did You Learn?

campershell

When did you learn how to ride a bike? I remember I was in high school when I learned to. It was the most thrilling thing to do after school.

Itchy_Ivy

I am ashame to say that I never learned to ride a bike. Now I am too old. I think I have no balance whatsoever. I don't skate either. Sometimes I feel left out, but one of these days I might just go for it.

Tired_Sneakers

I learned to ride a bike when I was 4. By the time I was 5, I was riding better than my older brothers. I remember that I almost didn't reach the pedals.

Camoguy

I was around 6 years old. I remember my parents got me a bicycle with training wheels and I finally asked my father to take them off after trying to ride and failing totally the first day. So he took them off the next day and I rode. I've been riding ever since.

AK Hunter

I think I was about 3 or 4, it was a hand-me-down bike with only one training wheel.(my brother broke the other one jumping curbs)
With six kids wanting bikes Mom & Dad had to do trading and swapping.
Believe it or not I think it helped me learn faster.

Erwin

I was 3 also, my parents loved going for bike rides so as soon as we could reach the peddles we were on our own. My son is 4 and he loves his bike!

jason

fear no beer
That is a good question, and one I honestly can say I do not know what age I learned. I remember my hot wheels trike, but do not remember when I started a two wheeler.

RabbyTat

Been all over, but MS and LA at the moment
5 or 6.

I learned in inner city New Orleans where my bike was promptly stolen. The tree roots broke up the sidewalk so much that a ride around the block was an adventure with many skinned knees. But we moved to Georgia hill country shortly after so bike riding went from very limited to a great opportunity and injury free exercise.

Hayley

Oh goodness. I was a little one. I remember riding around on it at a very early age, five I think. It was so much fun; I really treasured bike riding even then.

ultimatesurvivor

I was a bit of a late bloomer, but I think I learned when I was around 10-11, it was kind of painful to use training wheals at that age, but they did there job.

Chippin

I didn't learn how to ride a bike till I was almost in high school. I had a rather terrifying experience with one while I was learning to ride it, so I gave up trying to learn until years later. Bikes with gears on them still confuse me from time to time.

nomad

I learned how to drive a bike about 8 years old. My parents don't have enough money to buy me a bike so I learned how to use the bike from our neighbor's bike. The thrill of balancing the bike is really amazing.

hikingshoes

Are we getting old??

That is a good question, and one I honestly can say I do not know what age I learned. I remember my hot wheels trike, but do not remember when I started a two wheeler.
This is me too.and Im 47!!lol,jason,are we getting old my friend???lol

jason

fear no beer
This is me too.and Im 47!!lol,jason,are we getting old my friend???lol
I keep telling the wife I'm getting old, but she refuses to believe me. But I'm 32. Chasing a two year old around makes me feel old, and we still got more to go.

woodsman

My dad taught me how to ride one around when I was 7 I think, funny thing is I look around in the neighborhood and see very few kids actually riding a bike, when I was there age I probably would have slept with my bike in my bed if my parents let me :).