All messed up

outwest

Its the pollen, outside, slowly trying to kill me from sinuses. Does anyone here use prescription sinus or allergy stuff? I am wondering how good the real stuff is compared to over the counter stuff that I am used to already. I can not wait for the pollen season to end!!!

oldmangunner

I use a steroidal nasal spray called Omnars, it is the first thing that has ever worked for me and I love it. It is still a bit of a new drug, but I don't care because I am so happy with the relief from my sinuses.

LittleLady

I got myself Claritin-D for the first time ever. You have to get it from the pharmacy, but still OTC. This allergy season was making me more miserable than I have ever been. These pills are magic!

rockytibby

I suffer from sinusitis and allergies. So my sinuses are messed up all year round. I used to use nasal sprays ,but after awhile they can cause infections. Two years ago I had the sinus surgery done and it has giving me some relief. Start using the Neti pot sinus rinse it works great with no drugs.

outwest

I hate the idea of using a nasal spray but it might come down to it. It seems like in the past three years or so its been creeping up a little worse each year, for me its cutting into my outdoor stuff and that bugs me.

jason

fear no beer
I started taking local honey around the 20th of last month. No real problems since. But my allergies come in waves, so it could be a down period, who knows. The key is getting honey that is made locally.

oldsarge

I agree with the Neti pot, have used one for years. The EENT recently had me start using a different type of nasal flush that uses a squeeze bottle instead of the pot. It works much better. This along with a daily 24hr Clariton keeps me good throughout most of the year. Then in spring I use a nasal steroid spray until the season is over.

outwest

Do you still use it the same way as you would a Neti? I have been reading up on them a little bit recently and it might be something I try but I know the first few attempts will be messy. I guess there is a knack to it.

Footprints

I'm also a Neti pot and Claritin person. That's interesting about the local honey. That's something I've never heard of, and wouldn't have thought of either. Worth looking into, thanks!

outwest

Claritin so far has been awesome now if I could only find something for my damn car. Every other day I walk outside and see it slowly turning yellow. I have even broke the hose out a few times and gave it a quick rinse off before work.

oldsarge

Do you still use it the same way as you would a Neti? I have been reading up on them a little bit recently and it might be something I try but I know the first few attempts will be messy. I guess there is a knack to it.
This bottle in held upright and place up to one nostril, then squeezed. You can apply how much pressure you want to irrigate buy squeezing hared or more gently. I like this system, for me I get better results. It's no more messier than the Neti pot.