So here is my problem

gino1976

When i was in my early 20's we had a group of friends that every summer would go for a week long trek. Now that we have gotten older and some of my friends have families, i find my treks to be far and few in between. So i have looked online and talked to local outfitting stores but with no luck have found new ppl to go on hike with. Does anyone happen to have any input on good places to find other ppl to join hikes, or have i actually found a good place here?

jason

fear no beer
I wish I could remember the site. It was something like meetup.com or something similar. I may have to dig through some e-mails for it. But they had local meetings for all sorts of groups.

Buster

Meetup.com is correct. It is a way for people with similar interests to hook up with each other. Doesn't getting older stink sometimes? All that responsibility taking us away from what we REALLY want to do.

Jane

Doesn't getting older stink sometimes? All that responsibility taking us away from what we REALLY want to do.
Yep, it sure does. I feel young at heart, but I just am not able to go the distances that I used to. I still have so much that I want to do, but so little energy and time in comparison.

atula

I just found out about a great couples challenge that Mitsubishi is organising here...it is about couples who have to race for almost 10 days...I am so excited about this thing but ...then again the responsibilities, work, family, kid, make me sit back and think....life gets really complicated when you grow up...and not let you do what the heart wants ;(

2coastcamper

This would be a good use for this Web sites group feature. You can set up groups for anything, and one could be hikers in Michigan (in your case). I have a group called West Coast Campers. Um, it currently only has one member, me. But I'd like to see more people using the groups feature. It could be a good way for some of us to meet up in real life and go on hikes and camping trips and whatnot.

OutTheBackDoor

When you get older and have a family then you take them with you. If you teach a child something they will have that skill as they grow up and you've raised the next group of outdoor enthusiasts!