Meat Grinders

jason

fear no beer
I do not have any experience with them. I thought about getting an attachment for the Kitchen Aid my wife has. But we have already gone through one set of pasta attachments. Thankfully they replaced it as we only had it a month. Would love to hear thoughts on either one of them.

enfuegoinc

Gude Gear

Has anyone got any experience with kitchen meat grinders?
Any hunters out there?

Would this kind of thing work? Seems like a good deal.

The motor is not that powerful but it may still do the job. The price looks almost too good to trust though.

Rosie

We're still using my great-grandmothers hand crank meat grinder. I use it at least once a week and never have any problem. I looked up the cost of replacing it and it would be about 20 bucks so I guess it's no big deal if it does finally bite the dust.

need2boutside

We're still using my great-grandmothers hand crank meat grinder. I use it at least once a week and never have any problem. I looked up the cost of replacing it and it would be about 20 bucks so I guess it's no big deal if it does finally bite the dust.
That's what I want Rosie. I am looking for one for some of the game my husband gets, but I am really not interested in an electric one. Just more stuff to break!

WildRover

Need2be, the Universal brand chopper is the kind that everyone's great grandmother had. They are very inexpensive and still well made. If you go to universalhousewares dot com it will tell you where you can buy them.

Take notice of the bottom, some have feet and some are the kind that screw onto the counter.

I do not have any experience, with meat grinders. What exactly do you do with a meat grinder? Is it an item that gets a lot of use in your kitchen?

Walking Man

Rosie, I have one my grandmother gave me too. It's a hand crank and works so well I've never thought about replacing it with anything else. I guess it would be a bit easier to use an electric grinder but I don't see the need since I have that old one and it's lasted through three generations of hunters.

outdoorchick

I am looking for one of these that just sits on the counter and isn't electric. My grandma had one too, but she tossed it out years ago. :( Grace meat grinders are used to make ground meat out of larger pieces. I plan to use it for processing the game we get this year.