What outdoor item are you hoping for this Christmas?

need2boutside

What outdoor item are you hoping to get for Christmas this year? We need so much outdoor gear I am actually hoping to get some gift cards to Academy or Bass Pro shops. If I had to pick just one I would say a new Coleman stove.

ponderosa

I got a Downmat last year, which I LOVE. There isn't really anything I need this year, but I'm intrigued by this:
Sawyer® Products - The Sawyer Squeeze Water Filters

I'd kind of like to ditch the bulk/weight of my current filter, but I don't really like the idea of the chemical options. I've read about too many failures with the steripen. I think I may like this new gizmo from sawyer.

I was going to ask for a 1 man backpacking tent, but as luck would have it, my dad just bought one. We have a longstanding tradition of trading/borrowing backpacking gear between us, so I'll just nab his when I need it. :)

CatsEye

I need a new backpack so that's what I'm hoping Santa (Mrs. CatsEye) buys me for Christmas. I also need a new sleeping mat, so I'm really torn whether I want that or the backpack. Decisions, decisions.

hikingprincess

I would absolutely love some new hiking boots. Sadly, mine have seen better days and new ones haven't been in the budget. Also, I wouldn't mind some new long john's and wool socks.

ejdixon

I cannot honestly thing of anything I need or want, other than more free time.
I can't agree with you more! I wish that I had just as much time to devote to camping as I had back during my college days. There are days when I feel like I'm going through camping withdrawal symptoms as how my girlfriend calls it.:tinysmile_fever_t:

rockytibby

I would love an Nike+ Tracker to plug into my ipod for trail running, so I know exactly how far I've gone. I love to run while camping.