Christmas Trees, Real or Artificial?

AlwaysOutdoors

Do you like a real tree for Christmas or do you put up an artificial one? Or, maybe you don't put one up at all? I know some that don't since they don't still have kids at home. They'll put up a few decorations and that's about it. What about you?

Regina

We have ended up getting just a very small tree. The kids are gone so it is mostly for the grandkids who like to see the tree and decorations up.

beemerphill

When the kids were home, we always had a tree with all the decorations and goodies on it. It was nice, but got to be a hassle after the kids were gone. Now we have a little ceramic tree with small lights that we put on the ledge between the dining room and the living room. No pine needles to pick up after Christmas, no sawdust from getting it "just right", and no disposal problems.
We do miss the smell and appearance of a real tree, but the convenience of the little one outweighs that.
We don't do any Christmas decorations until Dec. either.

:tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t:

Lamebeaver

Out here, you can buy a tree cutting permit from the NFS for $10. We've been cutting our own tree for 15 years now. It's one of our favorite traditions.

oldsarge

Artificial, fake, bogus...just like the holidays have turned out to be! Now that we are not suposed to say Christmas any more, but it's OK to call everyone else's holiday by it's proper name. Politicaly correct is BS!!!

Oh.....by the way, everyone have a great Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas.

LindaLou

We used to have a big tree every year but as mentioned above, now that the kids or all gone we have this really pretty little fake tree that most think is real. We have lights on it and decorations and I even buy some pine scent to place under it. :)

Bojib

For some reason I'm not a big fan of the Holidays. So, I could do without the tree altogether. My wife, however, insists on putting up a tree every year, but we always put up a pre-lit fake tree.

rockytibby

We always go cut our tree around the first of nov. We like to have it up before thanksgiving. I dont care for the fake trees at all. We dont have any kids and dont plan on having any, but that doesn't mean you still cant enjoy every aspect of the holidays. Oh and I absolutely love Christmas music, I could listen to it year around.

oldsarge

My wife is the same way. The night before Thanksgiving I'll be putting up the tree. I really don't mind I guess, but if it were up to me I wouldn't put one up at all.

KatieMarie

We have had the fake trees and real ones. But, I really don't like putting one up until about a week, two at the most before Christmas and then it comes down within a day or two after.

ejdixon

Since I live in an apartment, it can be quite a hassle to bring up a tree (found it out the hard way) so I decided on getting a fake one instead. It's been something that I've grown up with so pretty much I gotta have one, especially since my girlfriend loves decorating it.

IndianaHiker

Not much of a holiday guy myself. Would prefer to ditch Christmas in the traditional since and spend it under some real trees out in the back county with a couple of good friends. That to me would be the perfect Christmas.

oldsarge

Not much of a holiday guy myself. Would prefer to ditch Christmas in the traditional since and spend it under some real trees out in the back county with a couple of good friends. That to me would be the perfect Christmas.
I totaly agree!

wvbreamfisherman

I like a real tree the best, but they have gotten kinda pricey, so I bought a fake one on clearance a couple years ago. Last couple years we didn't even put that up since my daughter wouldn't be home except for a few hours.

This year she will be here, so I expect I'll put up the tree and do a little more to celebrate the holiday.

Anyhow- its more improtant to keep Christmas in your heart than in your decorations.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
Always artifical!!Real trees belong outdoors.Don't care to put my familys life in danger by having a by having a potential incendirary bomb in our house.

Lovefall

Real all the way! We actually get 2 Christmas trees each year. We have one on each floor of our house. I love going and cutting down the tree with the family. I can't imagine ever getting a fake tree.

hikingprincess

I would love to get a real tree but I always put up an artificial one. Mostly it is because I am OCD about the needles and I would go crazy making sure they were always cleaned up. We always had a real tree growing up that we cut ourselves though.

jason

fear no beer
I love real trees. The smell, the feel, the uniqueness to them. But like most things in Florida, they do not hold up very well. Plus, I have two small kids, and do not need the youngest trying to eat the needles. So we go with fake. I would love to start growing my own though. By the time they are ready for use, the kids should be old enough to have one.