Black Friday is like the jungle

FreeWilly

The shopping was nuts today. It's not a time for joy for many, it's a time for greed and being rude. I don't get why people have to act like some kind of wild animal just to save a few bucks. You can still save money and not push and shove people out of the way. I think it was silly for stores to open at midnight. Seems kind of dangerous to carry all those items to your car if you had to park really far.

Greatoutdoors

You are not kidding. I went to Walmart at 10 last night and it was UNREAL. I was totally unprepared for that experience. I got the thing I went for, but my dad stayed in the car so he could come and drive back to get my mom and I. He had to (for only the second time in 10 years) pull his gun from his holster, and laid it on the seat because there were groups of shady looking people walking in between the cars. I am very glad I didn't go by myself.

oldsarge

Way to many assclowns out there to be fighting over merchandise! They can all have it. Boy have the Holidays gotten out of hand...and I'm speaking of all of them, not just Christmas! Halloween starts in September...Thanksgiving decorations up before Halloween, As soon as Halloween is done, up come the Christmas decorations. Then there's the warnings of Black Friday, yet we still partake in this madness. Does it feel like the retailers are just hanging carrots in front of our faces like a bunch of asses.

Lamebeaver

Woke up at 5:00 (as usual), drove to Radio Scrap, picked up a new laptop for my mom. Back home by 6:30.

Need to pick up a bow at Gander Mountain (sometime in the next couple weeks) and a couple things at Barnes and Noble. That's about it.

Grandpa

For family fun, we all went to Walmart last night around 11 to watch the fun. Total purchase was under $20 but it was worth a couple hours sleep to watch the idiots. Better than an old Abbott & Costello movie for slapstick comedy. Biggest fight was at the checkstand when a customer was screaming and shouting at the cashier because the price came up wrong. Seems the customer had been in the wrong line and got the wrong big screen TV and after the fight to get it, didn't have that much money. Always someone else's fault.

oldsarge

I never thought of going for the entertainment value...thanks Grandpa, I'll have to remember this for next year!

Mary Beth

I thought I was the only one, going to Walmart to laugh at people! I always wait a few days after Black Friday, to go shopping. If you pick the right Walmarts, they have their Black Friday stuff, for a better price. It might be leftovers, but you get good stuff sometimes. I got my laptop for cheap, one time, because it was Black Friday overstock.

Dusty

I agree with FW. I think that Black Friday brings out the worst in people at the beginning of a season that is really supposed to bring out the best in people.

Bojib

I pretty much become a Hermit from the time after Thanksgiving to a couple days after the new year.

People get way to crazy in the stores during those few weeks, and there really isn't anything I want that bad.

Even grocery shopping seems to get a little more hectic.

Hazel

One Christmas season several yrs ago I decided to get a second job at the mall. It was horrendous. I ended up avoiding even going to the mall for several yrs after that.Two years ago a pregnant woman got trampled to death at the Walmart closest to my house. The sales aren't worth it to me. I like the peace and quiet. My vacations now involve nature and quiet (Hence my interest in this website) I live close to NYC, my last time I went there socially was 9/10/01. You can keep your Vagas and Cancun trips. (Been there, done that) Not interested. Give me the sky and the trees and a good fishing hole. BTW, I got a lot of my Christmas shopping done when Border's Books was going out of business. I spent "Black Friday" in sweats eating left overs.

Grandpa

Daughter wanted a couple of the specials but didn't want to fight the masses. A friend who works there suggested waiting until the next day when "buyers remorse" hits and the stuff starts coming back. As Mary Beth pointed out, you can sometimes get a good discount on top of the good sale price if they don't have to levy a restock fee.

IndianaHiker

I simply wont go out on Black Friday. There are no savings great enough for me to put up with the ass hats that will be out there. Heck I won't even shop at Walmart anytime of the year much less Black Friday. I boycotted that place about three years ago and so far have done a pretty good job staying out of there.

CozInCowtown

We went to Ft. Worth on a date late Friday afternoon after all the idiots blew their money.
Best Buy, Half Price Books and Outback Steakhouse were busy but not crazy.
DC

Pathfinder1

Black Fridat shopping...

The shopping was nuts today. It's not a time for joy for many, it's a time for greed and being rude. I don't get why people have to act like some kind of wild animal just to save a few bucks. You can still save money and not push and shove people out of the way. I think it was silly for stores to open at midnight. Seems kind of dangerous to carry all those items to your car if you had to park really far.

Hi...

You're right. It's the "get a bargain at any cost" syndrome. And you better get outa my way while I'm at it. Leave your couth at the door. Mini-brains go first.

Then the help has to sing spirituals while cleaning up afterward...!! And they better stay in key...!!

jason

fear no beer
We went to Ft. Worth on a date late Friday afternoon after all the idiots blew their money.
Best Buy, Half Price Books and Outback Steakhouse were busy but not crazy.
DC
I did not know that was the area you are from. We stayed at my wife's aunts house over there when my son had his surgery. We will be there again January for his next one. Surgery is in Houston though. I hate that city. Drivers are nuts there.

Grandpa

Went back to the big town today. Had a coupon for 50% off one item, at regular price, under $30, good today only. Wanted some reloading stuff but everything I wanted was all ready gone. So wandered around. Found a coleman 2 mantle propane lantern for $29.99. That made it 15 plus tax. Bank debit card has a new program trying to keep people from pulling out to the savings and loans which gave me another $10 off and my in store rewards hit the amount required for a $5 rebate. Ended up with that lantern for $0.76. (taxes). Life is good. Now if I could just get a deal like that on a new Suburu or new GMC truck.............:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

MountainMan22

You guys are funny. I don't go shopping really, and certainly not on such a hectic day, but it sounds like I could've pulled up a chair at the local Walmart, had a beer, some popcorn, and watch an action/drama film in person. Good stuff.

Grandpa

You guys are funny. I don't go shopping really, and certainly not on such a hectic day, but it sounds like I could've pulled up a chair at the local Walmart, had a beer, some popcorn, and watch an action/drama film in person. Good stuff.
A lot of people were actually "trying out" the folding chairs doing just that. Just don't get caught downwind from the gal that unleashed the pepper spray on her opponents for the tv :tinysmile_twink_t2: