Alec Baldwin

Jonas

I'm tired of hearing about this guy not turning off his phone. Witnesses said he lied about what he was doing-does he really think he's going to be believed?

MountainMan22

I heard about it on the radio yesterday and it's just silly to me. They said he was playing a game. They don't tell you to turn off your electronics for the heck of it. They need to avoid radio interference. I guess sometimes when you have a lot of money you think you have special treatment.

pastywhite

Grand Poobah
I heard about it on the radio yesterday and it's just silly to me. They said he was playing a game. They don't tell you to turn off your electronics for the heck of it. They need to avoid radio interference. I guess sometimes when you have a lot of money you think you have special treatment.
I know almost nothing about radio interference, etc but I don't want to be on a plane that can be screwed up by Words With Friends. I actually had to turn off my Kindle on the last flight I was on. It's just one more reason to drive where possible.

edit: I'm not defending Baldwin, it's obvious he was a jackass here but then whole thing is just stupid.

Lamebeaver

There is a very low likelyhood the a game, pc, etc. will screw up the navigation system. That being said, the two times you do not want to take any chances are during takeoff and landing.

Let's face it, Baldwin's a jerk and an idiot. He's surrounded by people who keep telling he's wonderful, and he belives it.

Qweetzy

Coz-I wish I didn't know, but he's everywhere every time he decides to misbehave. Whether it's having a fit over his kid or with his kid, or arguing over a stupid phone, he is always in the news. Or so it seems to me. I don't watch a lot of TV so I don't see a lot of junk TV or movies, but I do listen to the news. Unfortunately, he's been on the news too. If people would just stop reacting to the spoiled child, we wouldn't have to listen to a blow by blow every time he decides to have a tantrum.

Pathfinder1

There is a very low likelyhood the a game, pc, etc. will screw up the navigation system.

Look at it this way...if you use your cell phone on a plane...you're depriving the airline and Skyphone out of getting a large fee from you...because you didn't use THEIR phone!!

Remember the hospitals...there was a time...not too long ago...that you weren't supposed to use your cell phones there, either. Hey, it deprived Ma Bell (or whoever) from their fees by not having one of their phones by your bedside.

And now? Physicians and other medical staff are among the largest group of people in hospitals who use cell phones...!!

Judy Ann

There is a very low likelyhood the a game, pc, etc. will screw up the navigation system.

Look at it this way...if you use your cell phone on a plane...you're depriving the airline and Skyphone out of getting a large fee from you...because you didn't use THEIR phone!!

Remember the hospitals...there was a time...not too long ago...that you weren't supposed to use your cell phones there, either. Hey, it deprived Ma Bell (or whoever) from their fees by not having one of their phones by your bedside.

And now? Physicians and other medical staff are among the largest group of people in hospitals who use cell phones...!!
The newer technology doesn't interfere with the equipment like the old cell phones could have.

Last edited:

Michelle

I heard he claimed he was playing a game but passengers heard him talking on the phone. Either way the guy is a jerk. Probably just wanted more publicity.

DylanT

As an airline insider - the issue is that previously electronic devices MAY interfere with navigation and avionics. But this has never been proven nor will it ever be. The FAA does not want to spend money to test it and handed the decision over to the airlines who all agreed not to spend money testing it either. It's easier and cheaper just to say passengers can't use them.

oldsarge

Celebrities bite! I like Alec Baldwin when he's on Saturday Night Live. He's a funny guy. I enjoy a lot of different stars movies, music or what ever. But for the most part their personal lives are nothing for me to be concerned about. I hate hearing all the dirty laundry being air out about everyone. Most of the time it just shows how much of an ass they really are. And they are for the most part, they really are a big bunch of asses! If I were a star, I sure would not be playing all this publicity stuff so everyone could see how much of a fool I just made of myself.

Last edited:

skybear

Heard it on the 5am news myself. Which brother is this one?
He's the one on 3rd Rock from the Sun. He also hosts Saturday Night Live a lot. He used to be married to Kim Bassinger and they got ugly over custody. He swore out his daughter on her voicemail (never a bright move) and it got a lot of press.

oldsarge

He's the one on 3rd Rock from the Sun. He also hosts Saturday Night Live a lot. He used to be married to Kim Bassinger and they got ugly over custody. He swore out his daughter on her voicemail (never a bright move) and it got a lot of press.
That might be "30 Rock" not 3rd rock from the sun.