Movies that you want to see

campclose

Are there any movies that you want to see right now? Do you usually wait for the movies to come out on DVD or go to the theater? I'm taking my kids Wednesday to the theater to see the Snow White movie.

oldsarge

If it's a major picture that will benefit from the loud theater surround system and large screen, then yes I'll go to the movies. Something like the new Three Stooges movie will have to wait until it hit the TV.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
As much as I like the big screen and loud sound, the movies generally piss me off. The good places charge too much, and theres always some douchebag so addicted to her cell phone that she won't put the damn thing away for two hours and watch a movie without having to text some other douchebag. Why can't movies block cell signals? Jeez. Then there's the screaming kid's in the R movies, and the a holes who sit still for twenty minutes until the movie starts, then try to rearrange everything, pee, open candy they snuck in, etc.
I'd almost rather just sit home and turn the tv up.

oldsarge

I found out that if you catch the early matinee shows there are far fewer people to deal with. You still get the bright screens from texting that's going on. but nowhere as much as the later showings.

HikerJoe

I want to see the Snow White movie too. Plus, Free Willy and Sponge Bob Square Pants. I heard the Dark Side Of The Moon album goes well with the Smurfs movie.

oldsarge

I want to see the Snow White movie too. Plus, Free Willy and Sponge Bob Square Pants. I heard the Dark Side Of The Moon album goes well with the Smurfs movie.
Dark side of the moon goes really well with the Wizard of Oz. Put on the movie, just after the MGM lion roars, start the album. It's really amazing how much of this will sync together.

Cupcake77

I really want to see Snow White and the Huntsman, Magic Mike and Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. The last two won't be hitting theaters for at least a few weeks though.

ppine

Forester
Movies are one of my favorite forms of entertainment. In the last few years it has been hard to find many of interest. I like the independent cinema, because you never know what will be presented on screen. As a college student, we used to go to the "underground movies" in downtown Wash DC. They cost a few dollars and started at midnight. The longest films shown would only be about 20-25 minutes, but they were grand and I wish they would make a comeback.

Modern movies seem to be mostly formula films which are very predictable and therefore uninteresting. I would rather watch old "Rawhide" and "Gunsmoke" episodes which usually have strong moral plots and try to make a point. It is impressive to see Native Americans, black people, and immigrants from many countries treated fairly for the most part from the late 1950s and early 1960s.

uday

I missed watching the movie The Avengers on theaters so I would wait for it to come out on DVD. I'm not really a fan of Kristen Stewart but I'd like to see the movie Snow White and The Huntsman.

Barney

I don't have any particular movies right now that I want to see but rather TV series. One of them is definitely The Game of Thrones, 2nd season. I didn't want to watch on TV because I'm waiting for the DVD.

jason

fear no beer
I'm sure there are some out there right now, but I still do not care for movie theaters anymore. So I will wait until they come out on DVD. But then I usually forget about them by that time, and may catch them on TV many years after they are out.

Lamebeaver

We finally got around to subscribing to Netflix. Not much of a TV watcher, but watched "Letters from Iwo Jima" last night.

I go to the movies once every 10 - 15 years.

Grandpa

To go to a movie means traveling at least 60 miles. And when I get to the big town, there are too many other things I'd rather do. (Besides wander around wal mart :tinysmile_twink_t2:)

The last movie I saw in the theater was this real cool one about some college professor that carried a whip and ran around fighting Nazis for some doo dads.