13 politically incorrect gun rules

dinosaur

troublemaker
Dino,
We have learned that I am the last guy to solicit for advice about humor. However, using humor to deal with gun violence trivializes it in my opinion and makes it more likely to happen.

........Think of all the people who are really frustrated, subject to abuse, high on meth, have bad tempers, saw lots of military action, etc. All of these people have access to guns in this country and all it takes is a few too many beers and someone is dead. I have a good friend who moved to Nevada to escape the warrants for violence in California. He is a good guy and smarter now. He does not go to bars and rarely goes out in public places because he cannot stand rude people and has a lot of skill in persuading them.
I certainly don't want to trivialize gun violence but I believe making light of it is only dangerous around children. Once you become an adult mentally, you won't trivialize it because someone makes a joke. You might even groan before you laugh.

Your next paragraph seems to mix guns with drugs, alcohol, and PTSD. Mixing guns with alcohol or drugs is just stupid. And you won't find me making jokes about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This is a serious problem and one that our government has still to take full responsibility for. The VA denies claims for it every day and is not giving the people who suffer from PTSD the proper help they deserve and were promised. It is a very touchy subject with me. Still if you can come up with what I consider a good joke about it or the situation, I'll probably laugh.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I don't know if this was posted before.

According to one of the recent Military Times publications (civilian published, not by the Military), a group of soldiers returning on a flight originating in Afghanistan or Iraq had to unnecessarily get off the plane when it landed in the U.S.

They were unceremoniously herded into a small area, and were told that they and their baggage had to be searched by Airport Security.

These soldiers were all carrying their rifles and pistols on their person (but no ammo)...!!

Their belongings were re-searched, although that had been done at least once earlier. Even their belongings that were stowed in the baggage areas.

Wow...!! Several soldiers were found to be carrying NAIL CLIPPERS...which were swiftly confisticated...!!

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Tone

11. If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

:rockon:

Gondor

You can try to a make list of top 100 rules and I think it is still not enough to number all the rules why guns are OK to have.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Absolutely, Gondor. The saying is that if owning a gun becomes criminal, criminals will be the only ones with guns.

eyebp

Senator
They missed a few.

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Q. An armed intruder is threating you, what do you do?

Democrat: "What is his social background? Did he have a difficult childhood? Has he been repressed by the system?"

Republican: BANG!

Southern Republican BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.
I love this. hahaha