Animals

2beoutdoors

What kinds of animals have you seen when camping? What did you do to get away from them safely?
I've never seen any bears when camping, but we've seen a lot of deer. They usually just run when they see us.
I would love to hear stories about what you have seen out there.

outdoorgirl

Oddly enough, we have never seen a big animal while we are camping. We try to see them. We have seen their tracks but never the animal. We have seen deer and moose tracks. They must have ran or walked through our campsite early in the morning while we were sleeping, but we never catch a glimpse of them.

failghe

Most of the animals I have seen go away before you get too close. I used to think the gators would come after you, but they just stay put, or splash back into the water to disappear. It is amazing how close people swim next to them without knowing it.

jason

fear no beer
Lots of small animals. Turtles, squirrels, birds, and things of that sort. Once in a blue moon a snake. Seen some deer before. Oh, and one of the parks has peacocks. I've seen some gators while canoeing, but they keep their distant. And I had a manatee with her kid swim right under me tubing down a river.