Are you "serious" about fishing?

Benny

I love fishing, but sometimes there are people out there who are not seriously fishing. They are doing it just for fun, and I am pretty sure that they cause the fish to swim away, because they are just making so much noise and carrying on. Pretty aggravating!

ChadTower

Depends on the situation. Sometimes I'm just there to chill and I fish to keep myself occupied. Sometimes I'm there specifically to get some fish. I would never do anything to wreck the chances of anyone else around me but I'm usually the only person fishing wherever I am.

dinosaur

troublemaker
If I am fishing I am generally trying to catch dinner. But sometimes I am just trying to relax and once I have dinner safely in a live well or fish basket, I don't care. However, I never get noisy. If you make too much noise, you miss everything that can go on around you. And there's a lot happening. You just have to relax and keep your eyes open.

The saying goes: A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

jason

fear no beer
I'm 50/50. Sometimes I go out just to relax. Sometimes I go out for a meal. There are days that I will release everything I catch, or not catch any keepers at all, and I'm out for the scenery and the fun of the fight. Sometimes it is just to spend time with friends/family.

The good thing about a kayak though, is on those days I want to keep the fish, I can paddle away in some places others cannot go. I can get away from the boats and the people who make too much noise.