Beer can chicken?

crosscountry

I have heard so many different people talk about having beer can chicken. What exactly is it, how do you make it and how does it taste?

bokz

Coat your chicken with your favorite rub. One thing I know is that an opened can of beer with chicken stand is placed upright inside a cavity of a chicken to sit on it. Then grill it in the oven or charcoal so the chicken will become moist and juicy from inside out. The tip is to put a potato or onion on top of the chicken to prevent the moisture from escaping and to be careful that the beer can would be hot when the chicken is done cooking.

jason

fear no beer
I've done it before and found it ok. No offense to anyone, but I've tasted better chicken. Who knows though, I may have to try it again.

faye

It sounds like a tough job to cook beer can chicken for me. I might ask my better half if he can do it himself since he loves to grill. We never had a beer can chicken before.

Paige

I think I've heard of people using other beverages such as 7-Up or Dr. Pepper as the base. I have never tried it but I have a friend who makes it sometimes during the summer. She has a special rub that she uses though. She also sprays the chicken with olive oil before she puts the rub on.

Alliegator

:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I'm afraid my husband would agree with you. I would rather use a barbecue rub with olive oil and grill it normally. I usually cook with aluminum foil because it makes the grill less messy and not as hard to clean. I have a recipe that I love to use, it's so good and you can use it with any type of meat. I usually boil my meat first though until it's almost done and then grill it.

puddle jumper

My brother-in-law does this a few times each summer. He got little stands that holds the can and then the chicken slides right over that slot. I don't know what kind of beer he uses, but the chicken always is moist and tender, and tastes good. He also uses beer for the brats, and those are excellent.

evergreen

Not that big of a fan of chicken myself add to that all the hassle that comes with making beer can chicken and when I'm done making it my appetite would probably be half way around the world.

Captain

I have had it too and I was not all that fond of it either. I would say it's a waste of a good beer too, you don't even drink it. I also do not like the smell of it cooking on the grill.

hikingprincess

I have never had it but it doesn't sound like it is very good. I make chicken a lot but I don't think I will be trying this one.