Bernanke is an idiot

CozInCowtown

This is JMO.....
It started with the price of gas & diesel shooting up to $4 a gallon.
What used to cost me $25 to fill the Bronco now cost almost $80. That four times a week (me and wife) has put a major dent in my families spending.
Now to how this also affects us.
Truckers now have to pay $4 a gallon instead of $1.50. Everything we buy has to be put inside a truck at some point or another.
What used to cost $1 now cost $2.50 due to extra freight cost.
This is happening all across the manufacturing, transportation and sales industries as production cost have skyrocketed due to fuel cost.
Grocery bill, electric bill, everybill went from $75 now costing $150. Less money in my family budget.
My income has actually went down in the last 20 years.....
Now add an opressive taxation to everything and guess what?
Wanna fix the economy?? Get the price of gas back down to $1 or less a gallon and watch what happens.
JMO, I am sure somebody will explain it better or have a different idea on how it works.

Last edited:

dinosaur

troublemaker
Cowtown has hit the nail on the proverbial head. I've been espousing this position for the last five years. The world runs on fuel and the price determines consumption. If the average household gets to bring home somewhere between $500 and $1,000 in a week (take home pay for mommy, daddy, and two kids) and the bill for weekly fuel cost goes from $80/week (gasoline, electric, and natural gas) to $300/week, it doesn't curtail spending, it curtails spending on things other than fuel.

Big surprise.

Hyde

Yeah, Coz has it. When gas went up it didn't just effect my gas budget. The shopping prices went up. I was talking to the manager at our grocery store who said they had to raise prices because it was costing so much more to fill the trucks. So now people have to add more to their gas budgets and food budgets. Plus clothing and everything else you need for kids. Plus a lot of people have lost their jobs or taken a pay cut. So we have to pay more and have less to spend. Of course we aren't spending.

Grandpa

The last two dairies in our valley had to shut down and sell the cows. The milk haulers couldn't afford to come this far to pick up the milk due to the high fuel costs.

southerngal

I think you all have it right. I have seen quite a few stories lately discussing coming food shortages as well because of all the natural disasters. They think people don't have money now. What do they think is going to happen when it's $5 for a loaf of bread and your gas doesn't get any cheaper?

outdoorchick

Right on Cozintown and others. If you aren't bright enough to figure out something as simple as that what the heck are you doing running the Fed for pete's sake? Southerngal...a lot of very hungry people will turn very violent very quickly. People who have never been hungry won't do too well when their kids start starving. Forget the stock market...buy food!

Grandpa

First, let me say I have never been to this natural news site before but when I did a search on these arrests I had heard about, this site popped up as having the info I wanted to share. Don't think this stuff isn't happening because it is. We have been talking in here about being prepared for emergencies and this stuff is a real threat.

Do you really think Bernanke is really that stupid? Or is this when the super rich want it all? You worry about food?

EPA declares hay a pollutant in effort to drive small, mid-sized family cattle ranchers out of business

Rawesome Foods founder to be prosecuted under special environmental crimes unit in LA

Oh, thats right, you, like me, can live off the land hunting and fishing?

Gibson Guitars raid proves the environmental police state wants your wood products and guns

"They" have been trying so hard to bypass the 2nd amendment, this raid is just a precurser to confiscating your firearms because of the wood in the stocks. Just a way around the 2nd to rid us of our guns, because "they" cannot completely subjugate us until they rid us of defense.

Greatoutdoors

Awesome links Grandpa. I have especially been watching the Gibson story. I have seen others about people being arrested for growing gardens for personal use as well. When I get a chance I'll edit this with the links to those. He who controls the food controls EVERYTHING. The writing is on the wall and people better wake-up quick.

oldmangunner

The Fed is owned by private rich bankers. This is probably a ploy to make us all fee bad about not spending money. To make us feel like everything is fine and we are all just being paranoid. I think enough people are wise enough to know that is crap.

hummingbird

You guys have the right of it. The drive to tax the richer portion of our population has hit snags again and again because they can buy off the people who make the laws and vote on them. They also can afford to send their money out of the country to another country or off shore banks. It's the peons of this life that bear the burden of paying for everything even though we don't have the money to do so. We will be regulated out of existance.

I still remember when you didn't need a fishing or hunting license to fish or hunt. Now you have to pay to do it and only at certain times of the year. I still say the government had this all in mind years ago when the regs started flying.

ponderosa

The last two dairies in our valley had to shut down and sell the cows. The milk haulers couldn't afford to come this far to pick up the milk due to the high fuel costs.
I wonder if one of those dairymen you mention happened to be my sister's father-in-law. He and the last guy in his area recently closed down. If it's someone else, that would be two SE Idaho valleys newly out of dairy farms.

ponderosa

Asay. My sis and her husband purchased the farm from his dad. They grew just grain and hay this year, and plan to raise some beef cows eventually.

Lamebeaver

Quite frankly, I'm puzzled that people are still spending as much as they are. Also don't get the things some people consider "necesseties".

dinosaur

troublemaker
Most people live at or above their means. The trick is to live beneath your means and you will always feel wealthy. - Orson Bean

CatsEye

If most of the rest of us don't start living below our means, we are going to have a lot of hungry people shortly. IMO, we should all be growing "victory gardens" again in order to feed ourselves. There is a sustainable program going on in our town that allows people who don't have the space to grow, a small plot so they can grow what they can. It really has made a difference to a lot of people.