Big Cats

jason

fear no beer
Anyone chasing any big catfish this year? I'm thinking about going after some. How big was your biggest?

Hikebike

I'm not really a fan of catfish but I always seem to catch a few. My biggest was not really that big - probably 4 inches or so. I'm after large mouth bass and trout.

Kooky

My cousin has pulled in at least four this year that were easily over 100 pounds. Most of them are 3ft or so in length. Myself I haven't been that lucky but I will, someday!

Cappy

The tug boat I work on goes to a dock in Venice, La. it's the furthest south town on the Mississippi River. When we are tied up there I love to do some catfishing. Here is a fish story from our blog complete with pictures. Oh, and kooky, ya need to buy ya cousin a scale. The fish pictured is 3 ft long and it dont weigh but 30+ lbs:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Cappy & Pegody's World: The One That Got Away But Didn't

Walking Man

Good lookin' cat, Cappy. I had a friend who caught a big guy who pretty much filled up the passenger compartment of his speed boat. I guess it would go at least 50-70 pounds by the looks of it. I was surprised there were any of the big cats left in my neck of the woods.

Cappy

TY Walking Man, I usually always catch 1 nice sized cat in a 4 week hitch at work. Total fishing time is not but maybe 20 hours all together. It is a work boat after all:tinysmile_shy_t: We catch lots of smaller channel cats too along with sea cats and the trash cats we call hard heads. Almost good as camping, sitting on the back deck watching the sun set on the river:tinysmile_shy_t:I hope that friend of yours shared his catch. Hard to beat good fried catfish:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Ingrid

They don't grow them *quite* that big around here Grandpa! I only ever catch small catfish but they sure do fry up nice and I always catch plenty to feed everyone!