Camping soups

Stoker

What are your favorite camping soups? Mine are Ramen and Lipton. I like the way it just seems to fill up the bottom of the stomach. They really hit the spot.

jason

fear no beer
That is easy, none. I'm not a big soup person. The wife is however. I will eat some chicken noodle once in a while though.

deb60

Chili! It's my favorite and I also love broccoli and cheese soup. I don't like ramen - that is full of salt and lipton isn't good either. It has to be home made.

dinosaur

troublemaker
The great thing about soup is that you can make it with anything you have or can scrounge. Where I am there is a variety of things that grow wild: parsnips, carrots, ginger, onions, garlic and mushrooms in the Spring and Fall. If you bring a few potatoes and a rifle you have spuds and meat.

bokz

Mushroom and chili with crab soup. Yum. They're perfect to eat for winter camping. They are also good as viands for steamed plain rice and I don’t need to cook meat.

woodsman

I don't eat soup when I'm home that much so I usually don't like the hassle of making it on the go, but I guess if I had to eat something it would be Gulas.

crosscountry

I am not a huge ramen fan since I lived off of it while I was in college. I do like a nice hearty chili or stew though. It has to be homemade though.

OpenFire

I'm not a big soup person either but I will take a couple of tins of tomato soup with me for a quick fix if I am too tired to cook something nicer on the fire.

jdoc260

Chili, potato soup, veggie stew, and my wife made a great black bean soup the last time we hit the sticks of the Appalachia.