Can You Eat Possum?

dinosaur

troublemaker
Now Eddie and Dinosaur my question was why would anyone want to eat one? There isn't much on this earth that I haven't eaten or at least tasted, but there are some creatures I choose not to eat and possums, cats, dogs and horses fit into that category.
Why would I want to eat one? Because it's there.

I believe your issue with cats, dogs and horses is an emotional one. I can't believe you'd get emotional over an oppossum unless it was your pet. I choose not to eat rats and buzzards. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it.

Qweetzy

Just knock 'em in the head with a shovel and then throw them in the pot. 'Possum makes a good roast with onions, potatoes, carrots and celery. They have to be good for something.

SpencerT

I don't think I'd ever try to eat it, but I'm sure like anything, you can come up with some kind of spices and flavors to put on it to make it taste good. I think you can do that with anything except liver. I just don't like that at all.

OldSole

Oh man! I love a good fried liver and onions. I like chicken liver the best but I'll go for beef or calf liver if chicken livers aren't available. Great on a cold winter day!

dinosaur

troublemaker
Their smile is just to darn creepy. ;-)
Like I said, you're emotional. It's okay. You're a woman. Women are allowed to be emotional. I wouldn't have it any other way. Women make me a better person with their warmth since I tend to be a cold hearted sort.

Thank you. I'll try not to shoot the next one that grins at me.

oldsarge

A buddy and I shot one once and cooked it up over a fire. Over all I didn't think it was to bad myself. Maybe the open fire had something to do with it. It did seem a little on the tough side and we didn't have any type of seasoning so it is was also a little bland from what I can remember.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
Why would anyone want to eat one?Why does anyone eat anything?Because they like it.I don't happen to like turkey so I won't eat it but you probably do.They look like a buzzard,to me they stink while cooking and they eat out of crap piles on a farm.

ppine

Forester
JudyAnn,

It depends on how hungry you are. Americans have strong food aversions compared to the rest of the world.