Canned bacon?

Z

Zombiesp

Anyone ever try this stuff? Is it any good? I thought about bringing it camping, but worried about the weight a little.

Foxyloxy

Come on...really?? I've never even heard of the stuff. Is it like real bacon? Like, it would get crispy when you cook it? Personally, I'm a vegetarian, but I'm curious about this.

campclose

Well this sounds totally GROSS to me. :tinysmile_cry_t3: I have never heard of it either. I've seen real bacon bits in packages but nothing canned. I wouldn't try it ever. It's easy to make real bacon when camping, so why would you need canned?

Campy

Isn't real bacon one of the best things about camping !!
I don't think I could even go if I didn't have it, that and the fried potatoes. mmmYUM .

smore

I have never heard of canned bacon. When I go camping I always bring the precooked bacon. It doesn't have to be refrigerated either. It is good. I always heat it up either over the fire or in the microwave. You can usually find it in the meat department in the grocery store.

Foxyloxy

Well this sounds totally GROSS to me. :tinysmile_cry_t3: I have never heard of it either. I've seen real bacon bits in packages but nothing canned. I wouldn't try it ever. It's easy to make real bacon when camping, so why would you need canned?
Lmao - too funny! I have to agree with you, Campclose. Even if I ate meat this wouldn't sound appealing to me. Out of curiosity I just asked my husband if he's ever heard of this (this is a man who is in the forefront when it comes to pork knowledge, lol) and he said no, he's never heard of it. I'm going to have to go Google this because I just need to know.

3ofusnow

Well it looks like bacon anyway. I don't suppose that pic was after ten years of storage though either! Personally I would probably just take bacon with me, but I guess It might be an interesting addition to emergency dried food rations.

jason

fear no beer
I've never tried it. I like the real thing. But if you enjoy it, I say go for it.