Coffee

slide

I hate coffee, i love tea. I am a tea addict. The smell of tea and the warmness in the cool morning is just the taste.

riskey58

I love coffee. And I drink a lot of it. I have a perculater that make coffee in when I camp. And it is always going.

mom2manyboyz

I am a coffee addict. :) You can find the stainless steel percolator in most stores. This is the most common camping method for making coffee. However, if you can get your girlfriend to go along with it the method below is the simplest requiring no equipment other than a cup.

I just throw some grinds in an old army canteen cup, add water and boil. let it sit a coupla minutes to settle, and enjoy!

atula

My husband does not like the percolater coffee although I love it...so I have that and he waits to get home to have the usual coffee...;)

failghe

I have tried the percolator over the fire, but always seem to somehow get lots of coffee grinds in it. The girlfriend will not drink it. I must be doing something wrong. But I do like the taste.

poster25

I guess we use the easy way. We just bring instant coffee and boil some water. We usually do not drink this type of coffee, but it serves a purpose in this situation.

southerngal

This may be a dumb question but what is a coffee press? I have never heard of this before. How does it work and where do you get them?

Jane

A coffee press is also known as a French press or a coffee plunger. Although there are different specific designs, the main concept includes a plunger which comes through the lid down through the container. You brew the water and the beans together. After a few minutes you will push the plunger down to release the flavor of the beans and pour your coffee out. It is recommended that you use coarse beans instead of the regular grind beans. This type of coffee will give you a bold flavor and possibly a few coffee grinds in your coffee.

You can find coffee presses at your local kitchen supply store and possibly your local camping stores. They are also located in several online stores. Just google coffee press and you will be given several options.

Last edited:

Chris

My husband and I take along an old percolator we've had for years. You actually can cut coffee filters to fit in the basket and that takes care of the grounds. You also have to figure out how long to let it perk. That depends on personal taste. I also add a pinch of salt to the grounds to soften the water. Makes great coffee, I can't move without my coffee!

OutTheBackDoor

Mmmmmm mmmm!! Chris, you sound like my kind of woman:tinysmile_fatgrin_t! I loveeeee my coffee. My wife is a great cook, even on a campfire. We have people dropping by all the time to see what she's cooked. We've camped so many times in the same places that a lot of them are like family so sometimes we wind up feeding a bunch! But I don't mind. We have a great time when we camp. I'm not shy and my dear wife can cook so we usually do feed more than just us. It's a great way to make friends and have some fun while you're camping!

humorris

What I always, do it a boil water of a small calor gas heater, and within a few minute you will have a lovely cuppa to start the day.

Campergal

We use to use a peculator. Last year we found a coffee maker that goes right on the camping stove burner. It is just like a Mr. Coffee. We love it. It makes really good coffee, just like if you were at home. I paid $25 for it. It was a great purchase. I would recommend it to anyone.

jason

fear no beer
Someone sent me this tip.

You can take a normal size prescription bottle, put in your instant coffee, a packet of sweetener and then fill the rest with a powdered cream substitute. Ready in a flash.