Cold times coming

calanta

I do love the change of seasons but I have to admit, it does put a damper on family outings. I still enjoy hiking when its chilly out but that is about it. No winter camping (much anyways) for me.

jason

fear no beer
It is getting nice here. It is in the 70's, to low 80's. I keep finding myself wishing I had the time to go. Hopefully Saturday I will get some hiking time in. I haven't even been on my bike in at least two weeks.

campclose

We don't camp in the winter either. I was thinking of trying it this season though. There are many campsites with cabins and I'm thinking it might be fun to go.
It's getting chilly here too!

camp1

We don't go camping in the winter either. We still try to do some winter activities with the kids. At the camp we usually go to they have a polar bear swim in the middle of winter. Last year we took the kids to watch the crazy men jump in the freezing lake! It was a fun time.

Bumpkin

I did the cabin thing in the dead of winter once and all I have to say is...never again. I love winter and hiking through the snow and whatnot, but to sleep in a true cabin in 25 degree weather is just miserable. It took me three days to thaw out after the last time, lol.

3ofusnow

I have been camping in the winter before and it's okay but not as much fun as other times of year. I don't think we'll be doing any winter camping this year with a little one though I'd be worried she might get sick.

smore

I remember camping in the winter when I was a girl scout leader. The girls loved it! We spent a portion of the day outside and the rest in the cabin doing crafts and such. I haven't done that in years!