Coolest thing you have seen outdoors

jason

fear no beer
Have you seen anything that you just couldn't forget while outdoors? Tell us about it.

Taggart

Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever seen outdoors was last year.

We were only in a backyard in a small town, but it had just rained and for some reason there were two distinct rainbows. I don't think I've seen that before or since.

Other than that, I guess I'd say an eclipse a few years ago was pretty cool. Have you ever seen two rainbows at once?

atula

We were only in a backyard in a small town, but it had just rained and for some reason there were two distinct rainbows. I don't think I've seen that before or since.

Other than that, I guess I'd say an eclipse a few years ago was pretty cool. Have you ever seen two rainbows at once?
Taggart i have actually seen not two but three rainbows at once and that is something I will remeber for a lifetime...it was at a place we briefly lived which was surrounded by vast plains and mountains at a distance....after rains I just came to the balcony and saw the sight...it was amazing....tried to click some snaps too...but could not get the beauty captured.

Taggart

Wow atula, that would be even more unusual. Actually, I have a couple of modest images of the two that I saw, but I'm not sure how to upload them here... If that's allowed.

In my pictures, one is more prominent than the other but you can see both of them.

jason

fear no beer
Wow atula, that would be even more unusual. Actually, I have a couple of modest images of the two that I saw, but I'm not sure how to upload them here... If that's allowed.

In my pictures, one is more prominent than the other but you can see both of them.
Sure you can upload them. As long as they are family friendly you are more then welcome. There are two ways you can do it. The first is through the albums. Go to the User CP link on top, then to albums. Create an album and then upload it there.

The second would be right in this thread. When you click on reply button at the bottom of a page you will see a manage attachments button. From there just click on browse and upload the picture.

kernow

When I was at the coast last summer I saw a straight rainbow (I know it has a fancy name but I don't remember what it is called) it went straight up from the sea to the sky and it was very bright.

deltic

I love looking at the stars, but I think the coolest thing I have seen is otters playing on the river bank.

jason

fear no beer
I love looking at the stars, but I think the coolest thing I have seen is otters playing on the river bank.
Oh, I forgot about them. My parents have them once in a while. Funny little things, but I hear they can be nasty. I have to watch my dog when they are around.

atula

taggart now that jason has explained the uploading thing...hope to see your picture of the two rainbows soon....I am sure it will bring pleasent memories for me too....:)

katharina

You took my answer! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t As soon as I saw the question, I knew I was going to answer "double rainbow."

Something else I've seen in nature that probably isn't called "cool" but certainly awesome is a tornado. I've seen the aftermath of two locally, but one time when I was in Florida, we saw the funnel. Most frightening thing but also "full of awe" and power.

Taggart

Thanks for the instructions for uploading pictures. I think I've successfully put it into an album at my CP. I didn't have luck trying to upload it into the thread.

The right rainbow is more faint than the left one, so you can see them better if you enlarge the photo in the album.

Last edited:

deltic

One of the places where we stay has bats, I found it fascinating watching them fly around at dusk, I have spent many evenings watching them.

Taggart

One of the places where we stay has bats, I found it fascinating watching them fly around at dusk, I have spent many evenings watching them.
One night way back in my teens, I was installing a tape deck in a car on a summer night. The car was in a garage with both front doors open.

I was surprised to notice that a bat flew in one door and out the other. It was kind of strange because it was totally silent. That was pretty cool too.

katharina

The right rainbow is more faint than the left one, so you can see them better if you enlarge the photo in the album.
Beautiful! I wish I could make the photo larger to see it better, but from what
I can see, it was a magnificent sight! (If there's a way to make it larger, I
haven't discovered it yet.) :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

justontime

I have seen a double rainbow a couple of times but each time it was over the sea, it was an amazing sight.

kernow

Things can look more spectacular by the sea because you have such a wide expanse of view. I have seem some stunning sunsets at the coast.

justontime

Kernow, I agree with you sunsets take a lot of beating. I have seen some amazing sunsets in Norfolk, it is very flat and the sky seems to go on forever.

kernow

Seeing a lovely sunset always makes me feel glad to be alive, even in the middle of a city you can notice a sunset and feel somehow connected to nature.