Do you always keep what you hunt?

climber4life

I have a friend who hunts regularly. What drives me crazy though is that she doesn't always keep the game after she kills it. If she were using it for meat, it would make a bit more sense to me. What about you?

Lightfoot

I always eat what I kill. I don't believe in senseless killing. Why bother sitting out there for that long if you aren't going to use it?

summer

What does she do with it? I can see if she loves to hunt and gives it away to others so they can eat it. Is she is just hunting to kill, it is a bit scarey to me.

Wild Bill

I do not approve of hunting for sport. If I kill it I will eat it. That's the law of the wild, you only kill to eat or to defend yourself not for sport.

Aside from just the ethical things to deal with, I think your friend has some bad karma to deal with later on down the road because of that.

Foxyloxy

I have a cousin like that and it makes me crazy. He goes on big hunting trips because evidently it makes him feel more like a man to come home and have a good hunting story to tell, but he doesn't like to eat game. I agree with Wild Bill - you should only kill for food or to defend yourself. Needless to say, my cousin and I don't get along very well.

stickem

I tend to eat or freeze or give away what I kill. I have thrown some game away but it's been because it was diseased or pelleted up too bad. I try not to take advantage of the animals that are out there.

jason

fear no beer
My parents always taught me do not kill it if I do not eat it. Well actually it was more do not kill animals. They were not hunters, not against it, just did not do it. We used to get deer meat though. But unless I'm eating it, or trying to keep it from eating me, I'm not going to kill it.

campclose

I don't like the thought of hunting just to hunt or to play a game. I know some people do this. To each their own. I wouldn't hunt if I wasn't going to eat the food that was shot. I think it's just wrong.