Doomsday Preppers

Grandpa

What about others living down stream from you, someone may be drinking that water.........or others who live upstream from you. I'm concerned about the other herds!
Like Fridge, I am upstream. As far as that goes, there isn't much downstream either.

Last edited:

ChadTower

That will not be my water supply.. I have never ever done that in a water source. I was just joking.. I'll be more serious from now on.

and by the way//// I live at the highest elevation in Virginia my home is above all others. So you know what they say about !!!!!! flows down hill.....

Heh, no offense intended, my friend. I know you are smarter than to do that. I have heard many others say it, though. They have one water source and intend to use it for sanitation, sewage, AND fresh water. They have no regard for others who may depend on that water source downstream and no care of what may be happening upstream.

IMO that's going to be the biggest problem of all if everything ever does fall apart. Every water source everywhere is going to be contaminated via stupidity in a short timeframe. You're going to have to be alpine to get clean water from the ground.

Judy Ann

Fridge that was interesting as were a few of the other videos I watched afterwards. While I will not argue about being prepared for anything that might happen here on earth, I'm not one that can live my life in fear of what might happen. I feel that emergency preparations are not too different from buying life insurance. In both cases we are betting against ourselves, but it gives us a little peace of mind. JMHO

Refrigerator

You know we are due for a Pandemic and all the EXPERTS in the medical field agree it's not a matter of IF...It's a matter of WHEN. I attended a seminar for all VA state employee Health Professionals and this very topic...was discussed very extensively. I attended this event 4 years ago and that's when I started to prepare myself as best as possible to protect my FAMILY including my DOGS.

I am at the happiest point in my life living very happy and full of life. I have already made my peace with my GOD as I understand him and am not living in fear...I am prepared and having fun.
Kind of like saving some money for later times ....I have my entire life that way and still have a full life with all the amenities and gadgets most do not have. I worked hard with my business ventures and every one has paid off and this is why I can retire so young and have a buck in the bank and all the same have my shelves full of food including DOG FOOD....LOL

Judy Ann

Fridge, I will be bringing my old dog, tea, and my education to the Appalachians, maybe sooner than later. Maybe I'll be able to help, maybe not, but I'll be where I grew up around Covington, VA. Old Appalachian town in desperate conditions from my current orientation. Not too far from WV. If you and Paula are in the neighborhood, please stop by for a cuppa. God help us all if you are correct, but I am ready too! God bless us everyone!

Refrigerator

Fridge, I will be bringing my old dog, tea, and my education to the Appalachians, maybe sooner than later. Maybe I'll be able to help, maybe not, but I'll be where I grew up around Covington, VA. Old Appalachian town in desperate conditions from my current orientation. Not too far from WV. If you and Paula are in the neighborhood, please stop by for a cuppa. God help us all if you are correct, but I am ready too! God bless us everyone!
I know exactly where Covington is located. Have been through there more than a hundred times. Beautiful area surrounded by Mountains and, creeks and Rivers. Our plans are to purchase a retirement home in Lewisburg WV or White Sulphur Springs WV very near Covington.

Judy Ann

Pretty part of the country up there with excellent natural resources along with a lot of caves (my bugout dwelling if I ever need one). I still need to work out the grey water/human waste issue if in a confined space for a lengthy period of time secondary to radioactive issues.

We could all volunteer at a local free health clinic after we retire!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Refrigerator

Pretty part of the country up there with excellent natural resources along with a lot of caves (my bugout dwelling if I ever need one). I still need to work out the grey water/human waste issue if in a confined space for a lengthy period of time secondary to radioactive issues.

We could all volunteer at a local free health clinic after we retire!:tinysmile_twink_t2:
I have plenty of information on Grey Water. Truth is.. I have almost 1 TB of information stored for Survival, Bush Craft, Gardening, Farming, FOOD, Water, Solar, Stoves, Shelter, First Aid and very extensive procedures of all kinds, Herbs and medicine, and many, many other detailed operations in living and being efficient with yourself or with a group. Like I said ..almost a terabyte on an external hard drive stored in a copper box lined with card board and a back up drive same and 2 small Net books in a faraday cage... let the doom come.... Ah yes.. I also have stored away Heirloom seed vaults....and Backpacking gear is just a sock on my foot.. I have it all... I forgot to mention a BIBLE!!!!!

Judy Ann

I don't think I will have time for computers. All that surviving is gonna be exhausting. I need to purchase an emberlit stove now! And a windmill, small solar panel, water making kit.....gotta stay away from this thread Fridge. I'll start having nightmares from contemplating survival issues like keeping the wild animals out of my cave or how to maximize warmth in the cold environment or what kind of paint should I use to record events on the cave walls!

It is good that you have your resources and have lived enough years to excel at most things.

Pathfinder1

Refrigerator;

I have plenty of information on Grey Water. Truth is.. I have almost 1 TB of information stored for Survival, Bush Craft, Gardening, Farming, FOOD, Water, Solar, Stoves, Shelter, First Aid and very extensive procedures of all kinds, Herbs and medicine, and many, many other detailed operations in living and being efficient with yourself or with a group. Like I said ..almost a terabyte on an external hard drive stored in a copper box lined with card board and a back up drive same and 2 small Net books in a faraday cage... let the doom come.... Ah yes.. I also have stored away Heirloom seed vaults....and Backpacking gear is just a sock on my foot.. I have it all... I forgot to mention a BIBLE!!!!!

Hi...

May a time to use it never come...!!

Refrigerator

Refrigerator;

Hi...

May a time to use it never come...!!
I hope the same...

Joe S.

Well, I am certainly glad to know that we are still in the very beginning of the universe. That seems much better than being at the very end of it, I woiuld say!

Judy Ann

Well, Refrigerator has left only a couple of tell-tale breadcrumbs since he dropped off the grid that I have observed. On my last trip to his neck of the woods I noticed many nice doors at the foot of some of the hills not too different from a cave or mine entrance with a nice, solid door. These same folks probably had their bomb shelters left over from the Cold War days and have just been sprucing things up or maybe I had become so accustomed to seeing them that I had not noticed them in a long time.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone, and especially those with concerns about making it through the end of the year, a Happy Thanksgiving.

Grandpa

I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone, and especially those with concerns about making it through the end of the year, a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank you Judy and the same to you, and we WILL make it through the end of the year. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Do you get time with your family or do you have to work?

Judy Ann

2nd Annual Backpacking meet-up, this year in Kentucky. After the great time in Virginia last year, Thanksgiving became a different type of "family" gathering.

Will the festivities be at your home or at one of the kids?