Drinkin' Beer And Wastin' Bullets

lovetohunt

I have to say that I love Luke Bryan - he is one of my favorite country singers. I don't like people drinking and hunting though. I hope no one gets the wrong idea and thinks it might be a good idea to do.

Luvoutdoors

Yeah not a big fan of mixing guns and alcohol but I like the song. I had never heard this artist before so I'll have to check out some more of his stuff.

smellslikedirt

Well hopefully people are not stupid enough to actually do something like that, that is always a bad mix and has the potential for disaster. Great song though! Thank you for sharing it!

cookielover

I do not even need to hear the song to know that it would fit the personality of so many of my friends I have lost count. I can not believe how just one song can summarize so many people I know!

Grady

Lol, cookielover! I know what you mean. This fits the bill for a bunch of people I know too. There are so many country songs out there that are just so true to life.

Bradsalex

This is awesome, it reminds me of being back home. Truely, this is what we do to pass the time in the back woods. Man, what I wouldn't give to be back home and be back in the area where I can shoot a deer from my bedroom window.

backpack

Been here all day.... all I kill's a 12-pack! Sittin' here... waitin' on the deer....drinkin beer and wastin bullets.

I just love the way country music can take something as seemingly boring as a scenario like that and make it into a song!

greensteelforge

Brilliant. It reminds me of all the idiots I had to eject from the public range, and a few guys I never asked to come hunting again. If this is a signature of some culture, it's a stunted one. Damn near suicidal behavior to pick up booze and weapons at the same time, if you ask me. Absolutely no excuse.

AK Hunter

The only place I know that this kind of shooting can be done safely is at a spot shoot.
This is a shooting competition with shot guns, the only reason it is safe is that they don't give us live rounds until the shooter is sitting down and the gun pointed in the right direction. We shoot at paper targets or small boards with a + cut with a box cutter, the winner is the one that can come closest to the center of the +. It gets funny when some one gets too drunk and can't sit on the concrete block and hold the gun. If some one gets that drunk they give him his money back or let some one else shoot it for him.
But in most cases mixing alcohol and live fire is not a good idea.

JimBarb

That anyone would defend the use of firearms and alcohol together is reprehensible.

You aren't likely to fire up a table saw after 5 or 6 beer, but you'll pick up a 30.06 and fire it at an animal? Does that make sense to you?

Alcohol and firearms is no different than drinking and driving, you're impaired and you're in possession and operation of something that can be really dangerous.