Favorite Part Of Camping?

ppine

Forester
I believe it is a small company in Seattle started by my shirt-tail cousin that makes outdoor equipment and clothing.

Grandpa

I got the KA the same as Dino but I'm going with kiss ass views unlimited. The kind you get in the Wind Rivers or the Sawtooths.

Pine? does your cousin make good stuff?

aldove

My favorite part of camping is that I get to see the outdoor nature which is far from the busy cities that I have been to. Of course, cooking meal on outdoors help me create/invent new recipes for the family and keeps the family together.

Lorax

It's many things starting with the planning of the bigger trips. The anticipation and prep work involved. The road trip to and from.

The first sip of a cup of cowboy coffee and your frosty fingertips wrapped around a warm mug in the morning as you get the fire going.

Finding that perfect rock on which to toast the day, flask in one hand, camera in the other with a perfect sunset.

The laughter across the perfect fire.

Playing with all your gear that you sit in an office daydreaming so much about actually using.

I could just go on and on.

JenVarsity

My absolute favorite part of camping is sitting outside listening to the trees and other aspects of nature. I love the quiet and the smell.

runi1024

how can you pick just one favorite? I love sitting by the fire, roasting marshmallows, looking for shooting stars and watching the sunset.

littlefire

My favorite part of camping is the intimacy. Being outside, roughing it, and forgetting about nearly every material possession you own, even if just for a few nights. Spending quality time with family and/or friends away from the T.V. and having real conversations. Nothing like it.

dashboardc33

My favorite part of camping would have to be the fresh air. I live in a big city and am constantly thinking about all of the pollution that is happening all around me. Breathing in the fresh air and smelling the pine trees and wild flowers are amazing to me. There are many other reasons I like camping as well, but this is my absolute favorite.

Remp

I like the part when we set up our tent, we start a campfire, eat something and then just lay back and watch the stars... and talk... I remember, sometime we talked until morning, It's just so beautiful and I really can't get bored of staring at the stars..

clewand550

My favorite part is having quality time with my family. I love the fact that we can sit by the fire, visit and talk with each other. There is no TV and no computers but just some nice family time together.

rachallen

Being way far away from other people, with my cell phone off, so everyone will just leave me alone.
I love this and I agree! I love just being around nature and not having to worry about anything. Lately, our camping has been invaded by our 3 little boys. While, they have fun and it is enjoyable every once in a while, it is nice to go camping without kids around. My favorite part is not having to worry about "real life".

Mr.E

Yeah... picking just one favorite is tough.

One thing I like almost more than anything is BEING DRY!

So, with that in mind, I must say that I really enjoy "Setting Up" the campsite. I really enjoy the tying of ropes and hooking of bungees and rigging of tarps and setting up the 'living space'... I dig it.

Then, should it rain, I will be very comfortable and very dry! Count on it! And then I get to do one of my other favorite things: Sit under the tarp while it rains and just look out into the woods... listening... enjoying.

I like the cicadas when they raise hell at night! Just sit quietly and listen to them... I swear, they sometimes synchronize.

I like not having a TV... or people in my face.

I like hiking and climbing...

I like just about everything... Except coming home after a wet/rainy trip and having to get everything out and make sure it's dry... then having to put everything away again. :)

ejdixon

how can you pick just one favorite? I love sitting by the fire, roasting marshmallows, looking for shooting stars and watching the sunset.
You got that right, runi. Every time I go out, I always find myself adding more and more to my list of favorites while camping. Most recent addition to that list is the fact that you can go to the same campground and have a totally different, but equally great experience while you're there.

beckya

Let me count thy ways

Favorite part? Okay... smores, camp fire, drinking, getting stupid, telling stories. ...making the tent shake! Holla!

TroyS

Every time I go out, I always find myself adding more and more to my list of favorites while camping. Most recent addition to that list is the fact that you can go to the same campground and have a totally different, but equally great experience while you're there.
That's true! Seeing how much my kids are really enjoying themselves whenever we go out camping is really priceless. Camping has become our way of bonding with each other, just the same way how me and my dad did when I was younger. There are definitely misadventures, but it's part of the whole package.

Hikenhunter

That's true! Seeing how much my kids are really enjoying themselves whenever we go out camping is really priceless. Camping has become our way of bonding with each other, just the same way how me and my dad did when I was younger. There are definitely misadventures, but it's part of the whole package.
Misadventures, many times, make the best memories and the greatest stories for telling around the campfire.:tinysmile_hmm_t: