Fish That Wanna be Caught

InTheWoods

Isn't it just great when you find that spot that has so many fish that it seems they just wanna be caught? My husband and I just happened to be in a spot where we caught all the fish we wanted. And it was like as soon as we took a fish off the hook and dropped the line back in the water, another fish was caught. We were using dead shrimp, it was in the middle of the night and we had a flood light shining on the water. Unfortunately, this has happended only once so far.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Flood lights attract fish, some states its considered 'baiting' so be careful :).
And yes, I've had it happen before, at a resivour by a boat dock.

jason

fear no beer
I have had a few mullets jump into my canoe. Did not have to catch them with a net or anything. For those not familiar with mullets, they will jump out of the water. Fast forward to around 15 seconds into the video and you will see some jumping. They taste good smoked.

YouTube - Jumping mullet in Tarpon Springs, FL

Grandpa

From a basecamp, I hiked in to a remote lake in the Big Horn Crags, central Idaho. I postholed through some snow and there were no other tracks so I was the first in that year. As I walked around the lake, several sizeable cutthroats were following me about 2 feet from the shore. When I stopped they stopped and when I started again they followed. That is one time I wished I hadn't quit fishing.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Well it's true, bright lights will attract fish. If you are fishing in a bedding area, you will catch more fish than usual.. If you know what time of the year it is and you are intent upon filling your net, you will be able to do so depending on whether you hit the hole at the right time.