Fishing License?

Sophia

I don't fish very much, but I will admit that I do fish occasionally. I honestly never really thought about the fact that you need a license to do it. Just wondering - what is the process? Is it just a simple matter of saying you want one, and then paying for it, or is other personal information required?

jason

fear no beer
I do mine the same time I renew my vehicle tags. It is easy, I think they take your name and address and that is about it. Depending on the state will depend on when and where you need a license. I believe in Florida if you are in your county you live in, and on shore, you may not need one. Otherwise you need to purchase one, and there are separate fee's for fresh and salt water. And certain types of fish.

Footprints

It is very easy to get one, and worth it to avoid any troubles. Here you just pay for it and register. I'm pretty sure you can find all of the requirements online.

Camoguy

It really depends upon the state you are in. I know it's not very complicated. If you are disabled or a senior in my state, you get free license but you still have to have a license and follow the fishing rules. Certain fish have to be a certain size, etc., etc.

Bob

You can get a hefty fine if you are found to be fishing without a license. It's super simple to get one. Most sporting goods stores sell them. You fill out a form, pay the fee and you're done.