Found A Great Place To Go Tubing

OutTheBackDoor

In Cherokee, North Carolina. We went over the Smokey Mountains into Cherokee and stayed there for a night. They have this place where you can rent tubes and float down the river. It is so very beautiful and you see everything while you're floating. A very relaxing way to spend an afternoon!

Woodzie

That sounds just wonderful. We have a river close to where we live that people tube down all the time. We have not done it yet, only because (ready for this) we can't figure out how to get back to the top after we tube down..lol My other half wants us to do it together, so there will be no driver. Someday we will figure this dilemma out..lol

greengrass

I've never been to Cherokee but I've heard many people talk about it and how beautiful it is there. North Carolina is only a hop, skip and jump from us so maybe we'll have to think about it sometime soon. Thanks for the suggestion!

failghe

Sometime we take 2 cars. Drop 1 at the downstream take out and drive everyone to the upstream put in. Tubing is very relaxing and we usually meet some nice people along the way down.

2coastcamper

In Cherokee, North Carolina. We went over the Smokey Mountains into Cherokee and stayed there for a night. They have this place where you can rent tubes and float down the river. It is so very beautiful and you see everything while you're floating. A very relaxing way to spend an afternoon!
I've been there! And I've been on that river. I can't remember where it is, but there's a rock that leans out over the water right during a fast part of the river where it's deep enough to jump right in. The river catches you, and takes you about 30 feet downriver and spits you back out.

Probably not the safest thing in the world, but I was a teenager ... and it sure was fun.

Southern

Another place I know of is the Itchtucknee River in Florida. It is a spring fed river, and you can see the bottom clear as day. Watching the fish swim beneath you is a wonderful sight. The snakes are not, but at least you can clearly see them.

jason

fear no beer
Another place I know of is the Itchtucknee River in Florida. It is a spring fed river, and you can see the bottom clear as day. Watching the fish swim beneath you is a wonderful sight. The snakes are not, but at least you can clearly see them.
You should try the Weeki Wachee River. The water is crystal clear 90% of the way. I had a manatee swim under me and surfaced maybe a foot or two away. I would love to do that river again in a tube.

WaterBaby

That sounds just wonderful. We have a river close to where we live that people tube down all the time. We have not done it yet, only because (ready for this) we can't figure out how to get back to the top after we tube down..lol My other half wants us to do it together, so there will be no driver. Someday we will figure this dilemma out..lol
Don't some places that rent tubes offer transportation back up at the end of the tubing route? I mean - they gotta get their tubes back somehow, and I can't imagine they would require you to strap it to your vehicle and bring it back up...would they?