Good age to start camping

Pathfinder1

It always amazes me when I see young parents camping with a brood of children, some only months old. It makes me happy to see everyone having a great time and watching the older (5, 4, 2 year old) children helping momma out at the end of the day with the baby. Watching one parent swinging in a hammock at bedtime with a child on each arm reading a book and hearing another inside a tent singing a lullaby just makes my own camping experience that much more special...and then there are the wild children running all over the place late at night while the parents pay them no mind and me and the old dog need to get to sleep. Grrrrrrrrr

Hi...

You gave me my first chuckle of the afternoon...!! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Pathfinder1

So true. Family togetherness is always a good thing, regardless of whether the baby can remember it when she's grown. No one would suggest that it's pointless to play with a baby because they won't remember it. You do it because it's fun in the moment. I promise you, my little girls have always had fun when they're outside with us. I don't know any six month old baby who wouldn't be entertained by watching a squirrel play, or splashing in a stream with Daddy.

Besides, my youngest is just three, but one of her favorite games since she was barely two years old has been pretending to go on a hike. All summer she and her 4 year old sister pretended that their wading pool was a lake. They "fished" with sticks & string. They built a fire ring with rocks and made pretend camp fires from pine cones & sticks. Then they'd grab their little backpacks & binoculars and go for hikes around the backyard. It matters little to me that they may not have memories of every trip & hike they've been on since infancy. Clearly, their impressionable little personalities are learning to love being outside and exploring nature. Good enough for me.

Hi...

Beautiful...!!

altavista111

Basically i don't think there should be any age limit but yea if you want to enjoy your camping carefree then don't take any infant with you.

little billy

my boy loves the outdoors. he has been on 3 and 4 day camping trips with us this summer, He JUST turned one.