Great score

jason

fear no beer
Got some new cast iron this weekend. Price, helping a friend move some furniture. The lady was giving away everything in the trailer, and said we could have anything and I spied some nice cast iron. Asked her if she was giving it away and she told me to take it. I saw one was a Wagner, and asked her again, telling her it was a Wagner and told me to take it. I like that one the best as it will be perfect for frying, although I'm not allowed fried food much anymore. Another I think will be great for sandwiches. The third piece has a wooden handle that unscrews. Not sure how I feel about it, as I typically cook over a fire with the cast iron or in the oven. But it may make a nice stove piece.

Attachments

Grandpa

Great score is right. Judging from the shine it looks as if they have had good care as well.

hummingbird

WOW! Awesome Jason! That's a great payment for helping out a friend. I have sometimes been lucky like that, but not very often. I did score a nice hanging chair when I was a kid. I loved that chair but it is long gone now.

jason

fear no beer
Great score is right. Judging from the shine it looks as if they have had good care as well.
They were in good shape, but of course the first thing I always do is re-season them. That is when they just came out.

jason

fear no beer
Awwww that explains the seasoning shine. Good work.
Thank you. I found doing it on the grill works well. Had that sucker up to 750 to clean the pans. After it got down to about 500, I started seasoning with bacon grease. I find if I put the pans upside down, the grease does not pool in any low areas and I get a better season on it.

Attachments

shaun

Looks like a beautiful pair of cast iron pans to me, very good condition. I'm jealous, I want someone to give me a free cast iron pan like yours. I love the small square one, I would enjoy cooking with that.

campmaster

There must be something in the air and cast iron finds. I found this waffle iron last month.

Great for car camping to feed the young ones. Works great on a propane stove.

The only drawing back is its heavy if you're doing a lot of toting.

jason

fear no beer
Not bad. I have only seen them online before, not in person yet. They are pretty neat looking though.

Yab9

You got yourself a great 'thank you'. :)

I only carry around a small square pan, similar to yours. It is light and doesn't occupy much space. I bought it especially for camping trips, it's very useful.

Last edited: